PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Hello all :)

Im an history student at Liverpool, UK, which also happens to be my birthplace and Ill be 20 next month. I was linked to Guildwars from my Dark Age of Camelot forums and then I decided that month not to continue my DAOC experience and focus on Guildwars.

Havent quite hooked my friends yet, but my girlfriend said she'd play after she saw some of the trailers. This site has been realy helpful and I recommend it to anyone asking me about Guildwars.

You'll probably see me under some name with Greyhame in the title. Three cheers for the community!!!

sharkymcshark

Chat

Just wondering will there be or is there in game chat on the game so like u type stuff in and it says it on the screen like in most games?

At the moment there is only chat on screen (yeah you have to type it) but I heard rumours that there may be something along the lines of a CS chat system that may become available for all. However guilds generally use teamspeak and chat is really only needed for pvp battles. I think it would help to have a general system for the non-guilded randomers though.

Hi, I'm the malefactor of this forum. (and bane of many others :p)

My name is Dieter (which means "the mighty among the people") and my in-game name varies from Deathblade, Moonshadow, of Moonshae, The Shadow, etc. My first name, however, is always Ander (which means "the strong"), and Moonshadow will always be in my account. Always feel free to contact me (if you're alright with some warrior whining :p).

I am 21 years old, and I'm Belgian. Current job is a postman, although I do not intend to stay a postman for very long. I intend to move in with my girlfriend, who lives in Canada. We both play GW as much as possible, her names are Wyn of Aravis and Cordillia Wynspawn. I stumbled onto gwonline when I was linked here from the TES: Oblivion forums just before the start of the WPE. Naturally, to see what all the fuss was about, I downloaded the client and became immediately hooked. My admiration for the beauty that is GW has only grown, though the Warrior (which is my constant in profession selection) has become significantly less powerful. My gaming background mostly comes from 3rd person RPGs such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, TES: Morrowind, Gothic 2 and Evil Islands, and other fantasy action and strategy games such as Warcraft II and Legacy of Kain. This is the first online RPG I play. My nickname in my yearbook was "professor wheelchair" because I tend to use educated terms in my musings/arguments, and tend to know everything I will never have any use for. The Wheelchair part is because I am probably the laziest bastard you've ever heard of, and during my internship in a retirement home I decided riding a wheelchair was cooler than walking. I'm 1m92 (6'3"?) tall, and don't quite look the part of a nerd, although I definitely am, from Led Zeppelin to Forgotten Realms to PHP.

Well, enough with my life story :p. Any additional information, PM or IM me, here or msn or ingame. Don't worry, I don't bite (much)
    Last edited by Ander Moonshadow; 10-04-2005 at 15:09.

My in-game name is Ekrin Shadowflame and this is the first MMORPG that I have ever played. My real name is Cory and i love everything to do with computers.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

Scouts of Tyria[SoT]
    Hey everybody!

I'm Jaxx Skraxis in game and have been playing GW since my curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on an ad during the E3 event. This is the first truly on-line game Iíve played and it has been great. Iíve stayed away from the MMOís mostly for the reasons that GW fixes, monthly fee and major time sinks. Awhile back I found the fan siteís forums and finally decide to join the one that has the best community and this is the best one around for that.

Looking forward to the next BWE and the release shortly after that. Have fun everyone and see you around! :D

Hey!

Hey all~

My in-game names are Sinistrad Stormrage or Volt Zanvwoski. I've played Lineage I and II, Ragnarok, CoH, and prolly some other MMOs I can't think of right now. GuildWars blows them all (and anything out now) out of the water. Glad to be here, and if you ever need dye in game, give me a whisper. I always offer cheaper than they trader, and I usually have everything in stock.

[edit]: And I'll see you all next weekend, and then 3 weeks from now when it finally comes out!!!

Hey, I'm new... my roommate got me turned on to guildwars, but as of yet i haven't played it. Done exams right before it's released, so it'd better be awesome! i really like what i've seen thru research and the vids that guildwars keeps releasing.
    About me, my name is Jamie, im 19 come july, in canada (toronto), and past games i've loved include shattered galaxy, starcraft, D2 LOD. I tend to get addicted to games, and hopefully guildwars will not be an exception :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheJester
    Hey, I'm new... my roommate got me turned on to guildwars, but as of yet i haven't played it. Done exams right before it's released, so it'd better be awesome! i really like what i've seen thru research and the vids that guildwars keeps releasing.
    About me, my name is Jamie, im 19 come july, in canada (toronto), and past games i've loved include shattered galaxy, starcraft, D2 LOD. I tend to get addicted to games, and hopefully guildwars will not be an exception :P
    I have a tendency to get bored of video games, I've never been addicted to one, but I had withdrawal symptoms after the last beta.

Hey Everybody

Just wanted to say hey to everybody. I've been following Guild Wars since before E34E and have played in every event since then.

I have been active for about a year now at another GW fansite and have been lurking here for a while. For some reason I didn't put together the connection between DiabloII.Net and GWOnline.Net until a friend of mine pointed it out. I had spent countless hours lurking on DII.net back in my Diablo II days (up until I saw the light that is Guild Wars).

After realizing that many of my DII friends were here now I had to join up.

Cheers,

Martian