PC Gaming News

Thread: GW news!!

Hybrid View

Exclamation GW news!!

Hey guys,
    They announced a change in the alpha forums that we are cleared to tell our guilds about, so i'll just post it in this forum.

Here is what Gaile said:
    "We are going to be incorporating into the game the idea of Guild Alliances. You guys are going to have to test it for us, but here is the general layout. Each guild will be allowed an "alliance" with 2 other guilds. There will be an updated UI to include the list of allied guilds' rosters. This is the first step towards making fights like GvG on a much more massive scale. Once you pick 2 other guilds, the ring of you three will be able to conquer areas of the map (hence why so much of the map is blank, we will be opening it up to further exploration for this purpose). There will be a limited number of conquerable regions, but you will receive a town and castle when you conquer a region, and be able to upgrade for stronger defense. There will be challenges by other alliances to take over your town, but we feel that the PvP in this game would benefit from fighting on a much larger scale.

As always your comments and suggestions are appreciated

Gaile"

So yeah, seems pretty serious, and the feedback has been really positive. I wish you all could see this...
    Spirits of War - a Guild Wars Guild.. Always looking for active and experienced PvP players, PM me for more info!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
    Five Dollar Holler | Melee Warrior | Undead Behlial | Six Six Six Visions

Now this is sweet!!!

Sweet indeed. I had been part of a discussion of such a topic over here. I'll be interested to see how some of this will be set up to work in-game.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) Conjure Blame (PvP)

Keep in mind that it is April 1st. I'm just waiting to read some wacky stuff. It is also fan site Friday. I wonder what they will have.

If true, awesome, if not, stop toying with us :p :D

Raph/Zero

lol if this was an april fools joke, it would be kinda lame.

If you'd like, xircon can remove this a repost it tomorrow.
    Spirits of War - a Guild Wars Guild.. Always looking for active and experienced PvP players, PM me for more info!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
    Five Dollar Holler | Melee Warrior | Undead Behlial | Six Six Six Visions