I've some strange bug...
To help you to understand it, I'll describe it :
- All is find for about 1 hour up to 2 hours...
- Then, after zoning or accessing new landscape area, on texture loading, I see partial loading of the char (only the clothes, not the head or the hands, same for the trees where only trunk appear... things like that then moving the camera 360° solve it...
- 3 or 4 loading later, the screen go blue... If I just minimize the window/full screen game then maximise, it solve the problem... For about an hour again.
It look like a video memory filling issue... All I can add is that I don't think it's an overheating problem because I changed heatsink on my video card, tested it recently and there's no issues, I can play every game I've for hours without any artifact/crash, including Halflife 2 or Unreal Tournament 2004. It seems to be related with how the game manage texture loading or maybe related with auto-lowering detail system... dunno.
I tried to force High Quality in drivers but still happens. I tried with any nVidia... from 66.93 up to the newest 76.xx
- AMD Athlon64 3000+
- Asus K8N
- 2x512Mo DDR400 PC3200 Kingston
- MSI GeForce NX6600GT 128Mo DDR900 (VTD-128)
- SB Audigy Platinium
- Windows XP SP2 and DirectX 9.0c