PC Gaming News
    Mana Burn

Can you start with 2 professions?

i was slightly confused on whether you can start with 2 professions making one your primary or if you have to choose one and get trained in another later in the game?!?!?! Can anyone help me out?

You start with one, and get trained in a second whilst still in pre-searing Ascalon.

How it works is - after you complete the initial quest to get a couple of skills for your primary class, the NPCs will tell you where to find other trainers for your class, and also suggest you take a secondary class. They can then tell you where to find the people who you need to speak to to get whatever secondary you want. To actually GET the secondary class, you will need to complete a quest for them, using some skills they will give you. Once you complete the quest, they will offer you the option of taking that as your secondary class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana Burn
    i was slightly confused on whether you can start with 2 professions making one your primary or if you have to choose one and get trained in another later in the game?!?!?! Can anyone help me out?
    You actually used to be able to choose your secondary right away. The way it is right now you choose your primary proffession and appearance. Then you enter the game and find the trainer in the tutorial area who has the secondary proffesion you want, after doing a short quest for them you can then choose wether or not you want that proffession as your secondary. You have time to test out your skills to see if you want to make it your secondary proffession or not.

is it also possible not to take on a second profession of to take your first first profession as secondary as well?

Quote Originally Posted by giftofthemagi
    is it also possible not to take on a second profession of to take your first first profession as secondary as well?
    No, you must accept secondary profession (other them primary) before leaving Pre-Searing. However, you are not required to use your secondary (i.e. use any secondary profession skills and add points to secondary attributes).