PC Gaming News

How do I get to Post-Searing Ascalon?

I just started playing yesterday and have done a ton of quests, found all my skills and achieved lvl 6. I'm gettting tired of being restricted to Ascalon and would like to move on, but don't know how.

Talk to Warmaster Tydus, he will ask you "Are you ready to leave everything behind" or something like that. You say "Yes" and the journey starts for you. You do little PvP in the Academy then you must defeat few mobs, watch cinematics and you are in post-searing Ascalon. Happy journey :surprise:

Quote Originally Posted by soul seeker
    Talk to Warmaster Tydus, he will ask you "Are you ready to leave everything behind" or something like that. You say "Yes" and the journey starts for you. You do little PvP in the Academy then you must defeat few mobs, watch cinematics and you are in post-searing Ascalon. Happy journey :surprise:
    Tydus gives me 1 dialogue option, and that is to do nothing. Is there a level restriction before he lets me leave?

Quote Originally Posted by barren
    Tydus gives me 1 dialogue option, and that is to do nothing. Is there a level restriction before he lets me leave?
    You might need to pick a second profession now, Im not sure. And they suggest you be above level 3 to enter the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_62
    You might need to pick a second profession now, Im not sure. And they suggest you be above level 3 to enter the academy.
    The only quest I have left to do is to choose a 2nd profession, so you're probably right. I've been refusing to do it though, because I don't want to choose a second profession so early in the game

greets barren and welcome to GW.

In the betas you could go through the academy with one class. But with the release of this game, you need a second class to access the academy so you can get to the real game, which starts after the academy.

When you get to the other side you will understand the term ' the real game'.

Aside from the academy...

Did you explore things and see the starting world in all of it's glory?
    From Ascalon to Ashton, Foibles Fair, Barradins Estate and Fort Rannik?
    The Elementalists Tower just over the hill from Foibles Fair?
    The Fishing<?> village South East of Foibles?

Unless you're PvP oriented, then just doing quests is playing by numbers.

Even if a lot of stuff isn't related to your classes, there's a world to see m8, and all the XP for the kills, that helps too.
    Last edited by bonesrool; 30-04-2005 at 23:54.

darkangelism
    Quote Originally Posted by barren
    The only quest I have left to do is to choose a 2nd profession, so you're probably right. I've been refusing to do it though, because I don't want to choose a second profession so early in the game

You cant choose your secondary profession after you leave post searing ascalon, so really you have no choice but to choose.