PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Anubis Kek

Best Weapon Profession

im a war/monk an was wondering what the best weapon profession to invest in was?

It depends. Ifyou want extra armor and more bleed moves go with sword mastery.
    I dont know anything about axes exept they also had bleed moves.
    If you have a War Pick preorder you should work up hammer mastery. You need it to get 18-33 attack.I go with hammers because I haven't found many good swords or axes.

Quote Originally Posted by superowner
    I dont know anything about axes exept they also had bleed moves.
    Incorrect.

The Axe has no bleeding. They are all about deep wounds and raw damage bonuses. Most axe skills inflict extra damage without requiring some pre-existing condition, such as Pentrating Blow (Wow, it's improved!) and Cleave. You cans till sring together attacks for other conditions, but bleeding isn't among them

I am also interested to know weather 2 invest in an axe or a sword.

There is no "best". It all comes down to personal preference.

GWOnline.Net Member
    So would you recommend that you go with sword for the armor and bleeding, or hammer for the damage and knock down, or axe for the deep wound? I am a sword warrior now, but i am thinking of switching to a hammer b/c of the extra damage and the knock down. Is this a good idea?

Not for pve. Hammer gets pretty shafted in pve for most usages, because the good skills come late in the game.

Sword/Axe in pve is your perogative; I opt for axe for interruption and the unconditional deep wounds.

I'd recommend sword if you plan on soloing wurms, hydras, and RoF Mursaat, since you can't riposte nor deadly riposte with axe in hand...

I would go with axe hands down. Imo nothing else really compares unless you are trying some type of specialized team build. I like the sever gash combo on swords, but because so many monsters in PvE are immune to bleeding it just makes me think that swords suck. Also, if you are trying some type of riposte build, which are generally only good for soloing, it doesn't matter how good your sword is because riposte is doing most of the damage anyways.

It really depends on what roll you plan on taking in the game. A sword shield is a great combination for a defensive or offensive tank. They have the shield to get the best of tactics and tanking abilities, and the options of bleeding and deeps wounds that come with swords, or just raw damage with no conditions. Axes bring better interrupts and more raw damage but less variety of conditions. You still have the shield for Def and tactics.

Hammer is your offensive beast, best overall damage and knockdowns. If you want to be strictly offensive but a less tanking ability go with hammers. You do not have a additional protection of a shield but if you go this route you won’t be needing it…hopefully

There is no one best, and you can always switch it later.