Level: 20

SoulReaping: 3
    BloodMagic: 12
    SmitingPrayers: 12

- Vampiric Gaze (Blood Magic)
    Steal 52 health from target foe.
    Energy:10 Cast Time:1 Recharge:5

- Life Siphon (Blood Magic)
    For 22 seconds, target suffers health degeneration of 3, and you gain health regeneration of 3.
    Energy:10 Cast Time:2 Recharge:2

- Dark Pact (Blood Magic)
    Sacrifice up to 10% health and deal 40 shadow damage to target foe.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:2 Recharge:1

- Shadow Strike (Blood Magic)
    Target foe takes 41 shadow damage. If that foe's health is above 50%, you steal 41 health.
    Energy:10 Cast Time:2 Recharge:8

- Banish (Smiting Prayers)
    Target foe takes 49 holy damage.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:1 Recharge:10

- Bane Signet (Smiting Prayers)
    Target foe takes 50 holy damage. If that foe was attacking, he is knocked down.
    Energy:0 Cast Time:2 Recharge:25

- Barbed Signet (Blood Magic)
    Sacrifice 10% max health. You steal 52 health from target foe.
    Energy:0 Cast Time:2 Recharge:30

- Scourge Healing (Smiting Prayers)
    For the next 30 seconds, every time target enemy is healed, the healer takes 67 holy damage.
    Energy:10 Cast Time:2 Recharge:5

This is supposed to be a pvp build. My idea here is to target the main healer and nail em starting at life siphon and go straight down the list. This would ideally damage the hell outta them and give them a small dot, knock them down, and stop them from effectively healing themselves do to damage incurred.

Anyhow, I can see some flaws already, but I want some input. Tell me what I'm screwing up. I'm a n00b, so I know I've done things wrong. :P

shanEVO
    hmmm .. it seems cool im also a noob trying to make a good pvp necro it seems cool so far but i dont know any weakness for it

Quote Originally Posted by shanEVO
    hmmm .. it seems cool im also a noob trying to make a good pvp necro it seems cool so far but i dont know any weakness for it
    You'd get ripped to shreds by a single mesmer character. No need for any particular kind of mesmer since the majority of mesmer skills are either interrupts or energy drains.

Watch carefully for conditions too which u have no means of countering.

A good theory build but it's just seems like it missing something...I'd say replace a skill with some sort of hex removal since that would be your weakest area.

My N/Mo used to be a Blood/Smite but its only good for the first few levels, after a while the Smite spells just weren't cutting it about the only one thats of any use is Symbol of Wrath and you have to be up close in a dogfight for it to be effective.

I eventually phased out the Smite now I have a Blood/Death/Healing N/Mo and Ive taken a similar build into PVP before I'm able to steal large amounts of health for myself while causing damage and from time to time heal a teammate

Most people in PVP that I've seen will ignore me and go striaght for the Mo or Me... thats where they screw up not only am I healing people the Me isn't the only one that can take your life

Use Shadow Stike as a first strike spell that way you know they're over 50% and you'll deal double the dmg while taking half of it for yourself

Also try Vamp Gaze and Vamp Touch (for when the warriors come after you)

Barbed Sig is good, though admititly takes a while to cast and recharge

there is one MAJOR PROBLEM with your build you want soul reaping alot higher than 3 I'd say at least 7-8 for it to even be effective

My Necro is N/Mo, but in PVP I totally ditch the monk half. I got straight for the throat with Max blood and left over goes to soul reaping and curses.

In FoW people REALLY like the necro that gives energy regen. Use that if you are there. Blood Ritual & WoP. I use Breeze and Orison to heal, that leaves 3 slots for the damage, not much, but it works.

brensim
    hi

What is wrong with your build is that there are too much direct damage spells (Vampiric Gaze, dark pact, Shadow Strike, Banish etc). Chances are you wont even use all of them constantly as most of their recharge is pretty fast (especially vamp gaze and dark pact).

Also, you are assuming that the enemy monks wont heal, which is not possible (you are not doing a spike damage hence its very easy for them to heal up).

I would suggest bringing a mix of spells (direct damage, damage over time and support spell-which u lack). Try going:

Vamp Gaze (spam spell)
    Dark Pact (spam spell)
    Life Transfer (elite spell, better than life siphon)
    Strip Enchantment (to remove enemy enchantment so they die faster)
    Well of Blood (to help monks with healing)
    Symbol of wrath / Balth Aura (to provide damage over time)
    Smite Hex (to remove hex and deal damage)
    Rez sig

Also your distribution should be:
    Blood: 12 (+4)
    Soul: 8 (+1)
    Smite: 10
    Last edited by brensim; 27-07-2005 at 07:06.

brensim
    anyway my 2 cents on blood magic... its pretty useless in pvp, the damage just dont cut out, and blood hexes can be removed easily. I play a n/mo and my skills are as follows:

Death: 12 + 4
    Soul : 8 + 1

Rotting flesh - to provide constant damage over time and its good for harrasment

Putrid explosion - its a must and it really helps u take down enemies fast, especially when they are in altar map such as HoH. Its either u doing putrid or the enemy necro, your allies wont be too happy to be on the receving end.

Bone Fiends - it is to be used during the middle of battle, especially once the enemy necro is down or if there is no enemy necro. it really helps to turn the tide of battle

Tainted flesh - use in conjunction with rotting flesh and zealot fire. spam it to activate zealot fire on a ally (good to use on a warrior attacking a grp or a monk being attack by warriors)

Verta sacrifice - keep your fiends alive during battle hence better den blood of the master

Zealot fire - use with tainted flesh

Balth Aura - use on a party attacking or being mob by a grp

Rez sig

If u notice, this build would make u as a support class, where u use balth + zealot on a secondary ally (preferably warriors). If u r worry about balth cost, dont worry, soul reaping would help u to get mana back easily (provided again your allies can drop them fast enough).

BTW, ZPZG's necro/smiter runs a similar build and skill distribution too, met them in HoH b4.

Quote Originally Posted by brensim
    anyway my 2 cents on blood magic... its pretty useless in pvp, the damage just dont cut out, and blood hexes can be removed easily. I play a n/mo and my skills are as follows:

Death: 12 + 4
    Soul : 8 + 1

Rotting flesh - to provide constant damage over time and its good for harrasment

Putrid explosion - its a must and it really helps u take down enemies fast, especially when they are in altar map such as HoH. Its either u doing putrid or the enemy necro, your allies wont be too happy to be on the receving end.

Bone Fiends - it is to be used during the middle of battle, especially once the enemy necro is down or if there is no enemy necro. it really helps to turn the tide of battle

Tainted flesh - use in conjunction with rotting flesh and zealot fire. spam it to activate zealot fire on a ally (good to use on a warrior attacking a grp or a monk being attack by warriors)

Verta sacrifice - keep your fiends alive during battle hence better den blood of the master

Zealot fire - use with tainted flesh

Balth Aura - use on a party attacking or being mob by a grp

Rez sig

If u notice, this build would make u as a support class, where u use balth + zealot on a secondary ally (preferably warriors). If u r worry about balth cost, dont worry, soul reaping would help u to get mana back easily (provided again your allies can drop them fast enough).

BTW, ZPZG's necro/smiter runs a similar build and skill distribution too, met them in HoH b4.
    I just don't really see why you use Bone fiends and Putrid. I know that in HoH it's incredibly hard to build fiends now that every team carries putrid and uses it before something can be raised. I'd likely prefer to use these 2 slots for something else than fiends and Verata, maybe more smithing line Bane Signet to knock down a warrior on you or an ally without using any more energy, or Death Nova in case an ally can't be saved (this works well for me. Can also be used on top of Zealot's fire and Balthazar only as a buffer enchant, cause enchanted smithing warriors are always priority enchant removal, though you got Tainted you can use like that too)

Out of that it's an interesting build really,

For OP :

This build can't really work. It's useless to bring more direct damage spells than you can cast before they recharge. And you don't 'Knock down' a monk with Bane Signet, there's no way a monk will be attacking if you're targetting him, it doesn't knock down a non-attacking target. It's not the blood/smite mix that's a bad idea, but more the all direct damage. Because honestly if you only use it like that it's LOW direct damage because there is absolutely no spike in that build and a monk can heal it all alone. Damage ignoring armor is nice on warriors and rangers, but on the rest it's pretty much the same most of the time than spells not ignoring it.

If you want to be a blood nuker, find a way to spike (personally i use a Death/Blood build with Aura of the Lich, Dark Aura, and Touch of Death/Dark Pact spamming, an occasional Vamp Gaze to full and 1-2 life syphon to counter degen or keep a constant regen on me. With only Touch/Pact under dark aura i can deal faster damage then with the 7 you got up there. You don't need to bring all the damage skills you got, only the ones you can use before cooldown of others is done). With this i do 85-100 clean damage every 2 seconds or so, 40 of which is AOE. Biggest problem is that i can become a target pretty fast, being in melee range with very high damage output, i rank pretty much same priority as smithing monks.
    Last edited by Patccmoi; 27-07-2005 at 08:51.

brensim
    Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi
    I just don't really see why you use Bone fiends and Putrid. I know that in HoH it's incredibly hard to build fiends now that every team carries putrid and uses it before something can be raised. I'd likely prefer to use these 2 slots for something else than fiends and Verata, maybe more smithing line Bane Signet to knock down a warrior on you or an ally without using any more energy, or Death Nova in case an ally can't be saved (this works well for me. Can also be used on top of Zealot's fire and Balthazar only as a buffer enchant, cause enchanted smithing warriors are always priority enchant removal, though you got Tainted you can use like that too)

Hi

Yep putrid takes precedence over fiends, especially with so many necros running around. H/w there r times when fiends r useful especially when there are no enemy necro and enemies r spread out (putrid damage is not maximised). When my guild starts a battle in hoh, i will always go putrid first, and only during the midst of battle (when we r winning) then will i switch to fiends. Fiends provide the extra 'power' to quickly finish them off, and we will hence go backstab the other players (in a burial mound map) with my fiends. In capture the altar map, we wait for one to cap the altar, rush the other, get fiends and then attack those on the altar.

The way I look at fiends is to provide u more firepower for the next battle, and in 1v1 maps well they r not as useful, but still can be a great asset if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi

For OP :

This build can't really work. It's useless to bring more direct damage spells than you can cast before they recharge. And you don't 'Knock down' a monk with Bane Signet, there's no way a monk will be attacking if you're targetting him, it doesn't knock down a non-attacking target. It's not the blood/smite mix that's a bad idea, but more the all direct damage. Because honestly if you only use it like that it's LOW direct damage because there is absolutely no spike in that build and a monk can heal it all alone. Damage ignoring armor is nice on warriors and rangers, but on the rest it's pretty much the same most of the time than spells not ignoring it.

If you want to be a blood nuker, find a way to spike (personally i use a Death/Blood build with Aura of the Lich, Dark Aura, and Touch of Death/Dark Pact spamming, an occasional Vamp Gaze to full and 1-2 life syphon to counter degen or keep a constant regen on me. With only Touch/Pact under dark aura i can deal faster damage then with the 7 you got up there. You don't need to bring all the damage skills you got, only the ones you can use before cooldown of others is done). With this i do 85-100 clean damage every 2 seconds or so, 40 of which is AOE. Biggest problem is that i can become a target pretty fast, being in melee range with very high damage output, i rank pretty much same priority as smithing monks.

Touch of Death? You mean... Vile Touch? Or Touch of Agony?

Anyways, the potential of an offensive N/Mo intrigues me.

More input please. :happy14: