PC Gaming News

Shiverpeaks and NPC's

This bug has appeared in both the Northern and Southern Shiverpeaks. Your party dies but when you rez, some of the npc's go running off away from the rez point by themselves (I assume back to where the party died). Also, numerous times after rezzing in this area an NPC will be floating in the air and will not move from that point. The only times I have seen this bug was in the Shiverpeaks so I'm guessing it has something to do with the mountains.

Don't even get me started on how stupid the AI is for Alesia, that worthless #!*@$.

It's not only in Shiverpeaks this happens

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Titanis
    This bug has appeared in both the Northern and Southern Shiverpeaks. Your party dies but when you rez, some of the npc's go running off away from the rez point by themselves (I assume back to where the party died). Also, numerous times after rezzing in this area an NPC will be floating in the air and will not move from that point. The only times I have seen this bug was in the Shiverpeaks so I'm guessing it has something to do with the mountains.

Don't even get me started on how stupid the AI is for Alesia, that worthless #!*@$.
    It's not just the Shiverpeaks. :howdy:
    I've had this happen in and out of missions since I started post-searing.
    I think it is the cde that makes the henchmenen keep up with you.
    the particular one doesn't seem to be able to determine that you died and were rez'ed again.

I had the henchman hang in mid-air during the Natioli misison.

I've seen this bug numerous times, and not just in the Shiverpeaks. The henchment will rez then fly through any obstacles in their way to get to the point where they died. Unfortunately, they can still draw aggro and be attacked during their flight. Worse yet, if they get attacked, they will often stop while hovering in the air or under the ground. If one of them happens to have rez and you die, you will not be respawned at the nearest rez point because a character is still alive that can technically revive you. But, since the henchman just feels like standing there in mid-air, the only option is to warp back to town, undoing any work you have done so far. This has got to be the most annoying bug I have encountered in the game so far, but only seems to happen now and then. A couple days ago, I gave up getting to Santum Cay because of this problem, but last night in Maguuma, I didn't have this bug appear at all.