PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    The best way to approach this is slows. Burdens, or fast casting watermagic. The reason is because with this you are able to do multiple things. 1 not only does it effectivly stops melee, it also stops touch rangers and mesmers with blackout. This also can be used to halt any escaping targets.

IGN: Nobleman Azure Me/X [Retired]

Saying PVE is a no brains mode of gameplay doesn't hold water. There are parts here and there where you have to be tactically alert.
    To a point where its more "thinking" than copying metagame builds.

Instead of trying to avoid warriors and touch rangers, I'm now welcoming them. I had one warrior who was so pissed. I kept using blackout on him and he kept chasing me. I must have used it 10 times on him in AB. I just ran him around a lot (sort of in loops outside the the other player's aggro cirle) and when the battle calmed down, I ran him into the middle of my team and we killed him fast.

So, I guess in the mesmer tradition, I shut down all his skills and also kept him completely out of the loop of battle. Ofcourse this depends on the warrior chasing you, but I found that it works more often than not. I'm also not dieing much anymore. :D

Oh, I'm also just doing my own thing now. I'm picking and choosing the skills that I like and not going for a particular build; just using what works for me. I found that as long as I'm being effective, people aren't as concerned about what cookie-cutter build I have. :D
    Last edited by Contessa Serene; 02-07-2006 at 19:58.

If I can fit it into the build, Spirit of Failure and Distorsion really keeps you alive. When I see that warrior come running, SoF and Distorsion and I can just forget about him and go about my business as usual (usually while kiting a bit so that he is out of the loop as much as possible)

1 skill that i think was not mantioned here is Ignorance.
    Empathy+Spirit Of Failure+Igonrance should do the job.
    let the warrior attack u as much as he wants(only if its 1, and no monk is near), spam Clumsiness and Ineptitude[E] every once in a while.
    if the warrior is not stupid(or a noob), he will stop attacking u(run away or do nothing) by that time his health should by 50% or less, spam Wastrel's Worry, and keep his Energy low with Energy Tap and Ether Feast.
    once empathy times out he will probably start attacking again...take him down with Wastrel's Worry+Clumsiness+Ineptitude combo(by that order!) (250~280 spike damage in my case).

*note: u MUST keep Igonrance+Spirit Of Failure on at all times. cast Energy Tap every once in a while. u will probably want to cast Spirit Of Failure on another foe for Max Energy gain.

*note: do NOT try to take on more than 1 warrior on u....u will just die.

Hope i helped :P
    (checked and tested in 1v1 battles)
    Last edited by adikey; 07-07-2006 at 08:15.

I normally go Domanation and Illusion for Anti-Warriors.

Illusion- 11+1+2
    Domonation 10+2
    Fc- 10+1

Due to the loss of health, you get weapons that give you hp and the armour.

The build I use is as Follows;

Ineplitude (Elite)
    Empathy
    Complicate
    Clumsiness
    Images of Remorse
    Shatter Enchatment
    Enthreal Burden or (The one that stops Adreneline gain)
    Res Sig

This build mainly does damage to the warrior, People are useless if their dead
    Shatter Enchatment for those evil warriors with Mending!
    The main thing for this build is that do not take on more than one warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who I can't rememer
    Do not take on more than one warrior, you will die!
    I agree...unless you have signet of Midnight and epidermic
    Last edited by RavenGoth; 11-07-2006 at 10:02. Reason: Typed HTML wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Quail
    Eburn and Diversion are your monk hate skills.
    i would drop energy burn(i believe its almost useless in shutting down a monk), even drop diversion, take blackout instead of these 2(7 sec with 14 domi i think). this should be enough if u cast spells from time to time, even easier if there is a warrior attacking him.

i personally use this combo: blackout - backfire - blackout(considering u have mantra of recovery as an elite). and its more than enough to make a monk completly useless.

*note: between blackouts u have 2 secs of free cast b4 the monk can cast.(u get 5 secs blckout while the monk gets 7 secs)
    Last edited by adikey; 11-07-2006 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by adikey
    i would drop energy burn(i believe its almost useless in shutting down a monk), even drop diversion, take blackout instead of these 2(7 sec with 14 domi i think). this should be enough if u cast spells from time to time, even easier if there is a warrior attacking him.

i personally use this combo: blackout - backfire - blackout(considering u have mantra of recovery as an elite). and its more than enough to make a monk completly useless.

*note: between blackouts u have 2 secs of free cast b4 the monk can cast.(u get 5 secs blckout while the monk gets 7 secs)

Why cast Backfire if your Blacking out the opponent?
    I think Blackout and Diversion together would be very good.
    Cause chances are, as soon as Blackout is over, the monk will cast a spell thus disabling

This thread is still going...

I usually just /laugh at warriors that come at me solo.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGoth
    Why cast Backfire if your Blacking out the opponent?
    I think Blackout and Diversion together would be very good.
    Cause chances are, as soon as Blackout is over, the monk will cast a spell thus disabling
    i use backfire only between blackouts, right b4 blackout ends i cast backfire...that way if he tries to cast a spell he will be damaged and it will also give the time for blackout to recharge and still keep the monk useless.
    if u have mantra of recovery u will have a very nice shutdown of about 41-51 secs(2-3 backfires + 3 blackouts).(with 7 sec blackout that is)
    Last edited by adikey; 11-07-2006 at 21:52.

In fort Aspenwood killing a warrior wasn't all that helpful, as they'd res right away, and I was running a degen heavy build, so I used mantra of persistence and crippling anguish for a nice 40 second snare...I'd usually kite them far away from the action and then snare them...they usually didn't follow me more than once. Note: I could've put more degen on them to try for the kill...but where's the fun in that when you could just really annoy them instead.