PC Gaming News

A few newbie questions - sorry!

I have a few newbie questions for which I apologise.

Got several of my chars to lvl 6 and Im floating between the Abbey, the city, Regents, wizards folly and a couple of other places.

I keep seeing people even same class as me but lower lvls, wearing different armour - where are these available from?

Is there a list of collector NPCs and their locations and what they need and supply? Im selling stuff that I find a bit later I could have used for these quests.

Crafting? Just general crafting hints/tips/why/who/where/what LOL - again is there a thread/list/website that provides this info?

In the City there is a gate for the Academy, and Lord Tyrus talked to me about leaving everything behind. What is the Academy for and what is Tyrus on about?

As I wander around I see xxx guild has won for Europe/America/Korea - how do you find good guilds? Im a mature (35+) Brit and cant stand kid-guilds -sorry if thats ageist but Ive been an online gamer for 11 years so I know my limits.

And lastly (for now that is hehe) what is Searing - both post and pre? Ive seen alot of threads refer to it.

Sher

OK. Simply put, you're in the tutorial section of the game. The rest of the game can be accessed by going through the academy (Sir Tydus - leave it all behind conversation) Most of the crafting cannot be done until you pass through the academy. The only collector I'd really try to deal with is the one who gives you a belt pouch, which gives you 5 extra inventory slots. The armor pre-searing (Searing is seen in cut scenes as you go through the academy) is only 2 better than what you're wearing. I'd suggest stocking up on crafting materials in Presearing as they seem to be easier to obtain. Then mosey on through the academy. :winking47
    As to finding a good guild, I suggest checking out the Guild specific section of this website or others. There are several guilds that will likely meet your requirements.
    I'd go into more detail but really that would spoil the fun of trying it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherish

Got several of my chars to lvl 6 and Im floating between the Abbey, the city, Regents, wizards folly and a couple of other places.

I keep seeing people even same class as me but lower lvls, wearing different armour - where are these available from?

Is there a list of collector NPCs and their locations and what they need and supply? Im selling stuff that I find a bit later I could have used for these quests.

Crafting? Just general crafting hints/tips/why/who/where/what LOL - again is there a thread/list/website that provides this info?

In the City there is a gate for the Academy, and Lord Tyrus talked to me about leaving everything behind. What is the Academy for and what is Tyrus on about?

As I wander around I see xxx guild has won for Europe/America/Korea - how do you find good guilds? Im a mature (35+) Brit and cant stand kid-guilds -sorry if thats ageist but Ive been an online gamer for 11 years so I know my limits.

And lastly (for now that is hehe) what is Searing - both post and pre? Ive seen alot of threads refer to it.

Sher
    Don't apologise..... futher down the list I too had some noobish questions, most of us are in the same boat!!!

By going to the acadamy, it takes you into the full game, up until that can regarded as training!! (i didn't beleive it until you actually go there!!!!!!!!) After you have done that you can not go back!!!! (you'll see why)

Crafting requires a salvage kit in your inventory, (sorry I didn't hang around in the early stages long enough to find out where to get these). You can double clik the salvage kit in your inventory screen and then click on an item, this wil salvage into handy crafting material. Different object create different materials... certain materials are better tahn otherd for your type of char... for instance most weapons salavge to iron ingots... these can be used to make warrior armour.

www.gwonline.net has a comprehensive list of what items make what crafting materials.

Once you have crafting materials only an armourer can make the armour you want. You will have to have a ceratin amount of the crafting material and gold.

My advice is do what needs to be done then talk to tydus and there the game really opens up for you.

I am in an english speaking guild we have some people from norway and germany but we all speak english and from what I can gather the most amount of players are over 20... I'm 24. If you post your main character name I will invite you to our guild.

I have one War/Mes lvl 10 called Uber Gegabyte.

Hope this answers soem of your questions.

Try the pre-searing collectors guide
    Try the Introduction to Crafting
    Entering the Academy takes you onto the next chapter of the game, once you go you can't come back so make sure you have done all the quests you want to.
    You can always leave a guild if you want to, I don't know if there is a way to find a good guild, experience, personal recomendation, etc.
    Sher
    Searing is what happens when\after you enter the academy. Basically fire and Brimstone rain from the sky, Sunderland win the Premiership and Newcastle are relegated, the usual end of the world stuff !

Haway the lads :D

Wow thanks for the replies and the links - I did a search online for Guild War and the forums came up first - I didn't realise there was an actual website with loads of great information so those links were perfect.

The info on Searing explains an awful lot and from reading thats about lvl 6-7 to go through.

Once I make a combo I am happy with I will post her name.

Many thanks again :happy53:

Once I make a combo I am happy with I will post her name.

Many thanks again :happy53:
    you should just put your name in right now because it adds your whole account not a character to the guild. so say you enter his guild with your current char and you decide to make another one. From day one of your new char he will be in that same guild.