PC Gaming News

Fanatics Armor vs Bonelace Armor

Armor question...

In Ascalon City I picked up a bonelace (I think thats the name) set pretty fast and have had it for a long time. Now I'm 11 and I just made the trip to Yak's Bend this evening and I saw the fanatic's set. I noticed it required a second tier (is that a good term?) material, your typical tanned leather square as well as another type of tanned square I could get an NPC outside Fort Ranik to create for me.

Anyway, I was surprised to see that for all this trouble with the materials that the Bonelace and Fanatic armor sets had identical numbers on them. So..why are they harder to make and only available until Yak's Bend? Is there something I'm missing here? Why not just stick with my Bonelace? Or..is it purely a looks thing?

Thanks for any replies, and terribly sorry if I butchered any names, I have a terribly memory for that sort of thing :)

GWOnline.Net Member

armor quality

Quote Originally Posted by Eliam
    Armor question...

In Ascalon City I picked up a bonelace (I think thats the name) set pretty fast and have had it for a long time. Now I'm 11 and I just made the trip to Yak's Bend this evening and I saw the fanatic's set. I noticed it required a second tier (is that a good term?) material, your typical tanned leather square as well as another type of tanned square I could get an NPC outside Fort Ranik to create for me.

Anyway, I was surprised to see that for all this trouble with the materials that the Bonelace and Fanatic armor sets had identical numbers on them. So..why are they harder to make and only available until Yak's Bend? Is there something I'm missing here? Why not just stick with my Bonelace? Or..is it purely a looks thing?

Thanks for any replies, and terribly sorry if I butchered any names, I have a terribly memory for that sort of thing :)

Make certain that your not looking at an armor smith with the cheap goods.
    Remembr Ascalon- two armor smiths with different aquality armor for sale.
    You might have run into one of the better armors being sold by an underachiever armorsmith

Hmm...good point. I'll check out Yak's Bend again tonight and see if I can't find a second vendor with a better set.

Thanks! :D

GWOnline.Net Member
    No, your initial observation is correct, there are in fact two necro sets with identical stats.