PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

W/N for farming?

I'm currently making a Warrior/Necro after hearing so much good about it. I want to use it primarily for farming but so far my soloing ability is not so outstanding. I seem to lose health faster than my healing signet and vampiric touch can keep up with. Well of Blood hardly gives you any health at all and is all but useless when your health is dropping rapidly. Same problem with life siphon.
    Has anyone made a successful W/N for farming or should I just hurry to the desert and change my secondary to monk? (which I REALLY dont want to do)

DestinPs
    I'm working on this right now also, message me in game under Destinu Tuu

I'm not working on single target farming though, i'm trying to make a AoE farmer, which may require a respec and putting all points into necromancy and finding the right skills for AoE damage and Survivability.

Looking at the necro skill list, there is aoe life leech, aoe damage deal, and aoe damage deal when life sacrifice, i just have to find the majority of these in game first, then i'll work on it. Already found the AoE damage deal when life sacrifice, but i need to find the others now.

GWOnline.Net Member
    this was my same question about a week ago, sorry to say but this char can not solo farm like a W/M or M/W. I wish it could i tried to stay away from the standard W/M but that is the only way to go if you wanna take drakes and hill giants solo. Also my friend says Death(minion)Necros/Monk are great for solo farming but I think he needs a henchman so not what I really wanted to master.

If anybody knows if Balance Stance works good against Hill Giants that might just work out.

Are you in pre-searing. Any build should be able to solo pre-searing.

I have a L14 Warrior/necro that is alot of fun. Couple of henchies and any mission is pretty doable. Was running around killing drakes outside of LA yesterday. I would not use the healing signet it doubles your damage intake. Dull Pain increases HP by 160 for only 5 energy. My build looks something like this:

L14:
    sword: 8
    strength: 6
    blood:7

Gash
    Sever Artery
    Power attack
    Seeking blade or other attack
    Life Siphon
    Vampic Gaze
    Dull Pain
    For great Justice

this was my same question about a week ago, sorry to say but this char can not solo farm like a W/M or M/W. I wish it could i tried to stay away from the standard W/M but that is the only way to go if you wanna take drakes and hill giants solo. Also my friend says Death(minion)Necros/Monk are great for solo farming but I think he needs a henchman so not what I really wanted to master.
    ROFL My W/N 20 solos up to 2 sand drakes (21) at a time and up to 3 hill giants at a time.If you want to PM me in game its Feywolf Tigereye I can explain my tactics as well as my skills out to you.Hunting drakes I get an average of 2-3k per hour.It can be tough at times if you miss hitting a skill but W/M has never soloed as good as I do.I've taken 3 of my friends with me and they have trouble with 1 drake.If anyone needs W/Nec help I'd be glad to show you my strategy and skills.
    Some skills I use:
    Sever Artery
    Gash
    Final Thrust
    Distracting Blow
    Shield Stance
    Soul Feast
    Parasitic Bond
    Endure Pain

For additional skills in multiple situations PM me in game (Feywolf Tigereye) and I'll tell you different tactics for ANY monster you are looking to solo face.As it is, I use Major rune of absorption and vigor,minor strength and tactics.I sit at 551health regularly.PM me for more information.I have been the last one alive in 6 different missions ranging from The Wilds to Elona's Reach and been able to finish them myself.All it takes is the right tactics and skill to know what you are doing.
    Last edited by Feywolf Tigereye; 10-05-2005 at 20:14.

DestinPs
    my build is under a lot of construction, but i have it almost done, i just need one more way to heal myself with a lot of mobs on me.

First let me say it is VERY possible to make a farming build. And i do not mean single target farming like boss killing, i mean 10 equal level mobs on you dieing in seconds farming

what my build does is puts hex on one of the 10 mobs i'm fighting at once, use an attack speed increase, and all the monsters around it take 30+ damage every time i swing my axe. It drops them in about 10-15 seconds, and they are equal level to me, i'm 20.
    I also use a stance that blocks attacks 75% and gives me full energy everytime i block so energy is not a issue, i just need more healing to spend it on. If i could find more healing skills, and not just single target low hp leech, then i would be able to also use 2 more hexes:
    Dark aura and Signet of Agony
    those 2 extra hexes would do a AoE nuke of about 60 everytime i use the signet, which would only be once a fight since it's on a 15 second timer.

Help me find a better way to heal other than the Unholy Feast (AoE 30hp life steal) and this build is set. The reason Unholy Feast isn't my ideal heal is because of the 15 second timer, which means only 1 heal a fight, i need a faster recharge heal, or another heal equal to unholy feast.

i havn't slept in a while so if it's unreadable i'll rewrite this later, i'll post my skills after i finish the build.

I happened to come across this video.
    What this W/N is doing is quite impressive to say the least. Using life transfer + life siphon + unholy feast together with bonetti's defense, he's hardly losing any health or mana, at all times.
    I think this does require some practice since it appears rather complicated.

DestinPs
    Quote Originally Posted by Raved
    I happened to come across this video.
    What this W/N is doing is quite impressive to say the least. Using life transfer + life siphon + unholy feast together with bonetti's defense, he's hardly losing any health or mana, at all times.
    I think this does require some practice since it appears rather complicated.

yes yes that's kind of what i was going for but i kill them faster than that with Mark of Pain

Quote Originally Posted by DestinPs
    yes yes that's kind of what i was going for but i kill them faster than that with Mark of Pain
    The problem with that would be that you would have to put points into Curses as well for Mark of Pain to be at least somewhat effective (the standard 10 dmg is nothing on high lvl mobs), while with the build the guy in the video used you'd only need Blood Magic from the necro side.

DestinPs
    Quote Originally Posted by Raved
    The problem with that would be that you would have to put points into Curses as well for Mark of Pain to be at least somewhat effective (the standard 10 dmg is nothing on high lvl mobs), while with the build the guy in the video used you'd only need Blood Magic from the necro side.
    yes, i cut back on my warrior skills and went almost full blooded necro, but i kept the bonetti for energy, and a couple other warrior skills just for survivability. i'm thinking about mixing the life transfer and life siphon with what i have for healing. But the things i am fighting do this nasty attack for 60 damage all at once sometimes. I need a new place to farm like in that video. Other than the constant hex on him, keeping bonetti's on blocks most of their damage, unlike the spot i'm at it doesn't block the 60 damage attack they throw out constantly..