PC Gaming News

Thread: Monk Confusion!

WazMeister

Monk Confusion!

Hi all

I am bit confused about Guild Wars so hoping some can help.

I am Primary a MONK and Secondry a Elementisht.

Basicly as a MONK what weapons should I be using? Can we use a Sword and shield or does it do next to no dmg with us being Monks?

Should I use a WAND like I am now and what type?

Also attrubute points...
    I been concentrating on Divine Favor, Healing And protection for MONK and for Elementish FIRE because the fire spell ownz.

Is this a good way to stick or should I do points else where?
    Will later on elementish spells be more affect for a monk that i should raise attribute points for or should I just stick to healing/protectition and divine favor for PvP?
    If I did that will my spells be weak in elementish to do next to now dmg at all?

Customizing weapons...

I dont understand alll this?

I get a new wand and take it to a Weapon vendor and he customize it with 20+dmg which i dont even notice in battle.

How do i buy better wands I am lvl 10 with a 5-7 dmg wand I feel so weak when fighting. Where do I get better weapons to do more dmg I feel like a rat in the game at times.

How do I get better customization for weapons when I visist the weapon vendor and why does he not sell weapons and only customize them? and where do i buy better weapons??

Last question for moment..

How often should i find a trainer to get more spells? I got a few at moment but use hardly any of them hehe.

Any other advice as a monk is mega gratful.
    THanks

WAZ!

Quote Originally Posted by WazMeister
    Basicly as a MONK what weapons should I be using?

something ranged

Can we use a Sword and shield or does it do next to no dmg with us being Monks?

no point, you're primary function is healing/protection.

doesn't matter, just something to give you extra nrg (wand/truncheon/staff)

Also attrubute points...
    I been concentrating on Divine Favor, Healing And protection for MONK and for Elementish FIRE because the fire spell ownz.

Eventually you'll have to specialize. For instance the fire might not help you, or you might just want to be healing instead of protection. You get good by focusing on something and the party makes you complete.

If I did that will my spells be weak in elementish to do next to now dmg at all?

see above.

Customizing weapons...

makes it a bit better, but sells for less after. Customize something 1/2 decent but doesn't really matter for you.

How do i buy better wands I am lvl 10 with a 5-7 dmg wand I feel so weak when fighting.

Monks are for healing, don't worry about fighting.

How do I get better customization for weapons when I visist the weapon vendor and why does he not sell weapons and only customize them? and where do i buy better weapons??

See above.

How often should i find a trainer to get more spells? I got a few at moment but use hardly any of them hehe.

Monks get few spells from quests, and steal the rest w/t signet of capture.

~specialize in something. either healing/div or healing/protection.

WAZ!
    message is too short add 10 characters.

Hi all

I am bit confused about Guild Wars so hoping some can help.

I am Primary a MONK and Secondry a Elementisht.

Basicly as a MONK what weapons should I be using? Can we use a Sword and shield or does it do next to no dmg with us being Monks?

You can use a Wand and a focus item or a two headed staff. Only staffs can be upgraded with runes.
    There is nothing to stop you using a Sword but you will have to get in melee combat and every one else will think you are a nice soft pink target, which you are. You will never be able to do as much damage with a sword as a warrior, basically forget about the sword.
    Also attrubute points...

Is this a good way to stick or should I do points else where?
    Will later on elementish spells be more affect for a monk that i should raise attribute points for or should I just stick to healing/protectition and divine favor for PvP?
    It is up to you, if you are comforable in a support role then concentrate on the Monk skills, however you won't be able to cause any noticable damage if you don't put some attribute points into Fire.
    Customizing weapons...

I dont understand alll this?

I get a new wand and take it to a Weapon vendor and he customize it with 20+dmg which i dont even notice in battle.

How do i buy better wands I am lvl 10 with a 5-7 dmg wand I feel so weak when fighting. Where do I get better weapons to do more dmg I feel like a rat in the game at times.

I know what you mean about the rat bit, the rest of the team is fight and we Monks hang around at the back. The way to look at it is that they concentrate of the fighting and you concentrate on keeping them in the battle for longer. You are part of a team, if the Warrior has to stop to heal himself them he is not causing damage.
    Most of the best weapons come in drops, or from collectors. The guys in town are really only there if you accidentally sell your wand/sword/axe, and need a replacement.
    Last question for moment..

THanks

WAZ!
    It is not uncommon to concentrate on only a few skills ther are so many of them to choose from. I always use, Orison of Healing, Healing Breeze, Heal Party and Resurrect, although I have many other that I could use.

Have fun.