PC Gaming News

Thread: newb question

lalonde

newb question

if I use the minimum RAM, which is 256, will the game be very laggy, or will I need 512 MB to run the game smoothly.

Tunzy
    interesting enough... one of my friends is runnin a comp with 256mb sdram... and he seems to be playing ok with no drastic lag or anything... otherwise jus set details to minimal and close background programs

Quote Originally Posted by Tunzy
    interesting enough... one of my friends is runnin a comp with 256mb sdram... and he seems to be playing ok with no drastic lag or anything... otherwise jus set details to minimal and close background programs

I have upgraded from 256 to 512 this weekend and it made no visible difference to the game... It mostly relies on your display card... Assuming that you internet connection is ok and we are not talking about that kind of lag. I dropped my display settings to medium, and it is still very impressive graphics!!

If you're running Windows XP, your best performance for not only your games but all other applications will be had with at least 1GB of RAM. XP is such a memory hog that while you may be getting acceptable performance with less, more is always better. You video hardware is, of course, important, but the part your system RAM plays in performance can't be understated.