This guide will include images for where to go to get to every town, and a general review of all the missions. I did this because too many people A) Can't find their way around for 4-5 days and B) Can't pass elona. Hopefully people will find this helpful.
This is a guide from Amnoon Oasis to Augury Rock.
1) The entire red line from the oasis to the teleporter is swarming with Scarabs. Scarabs can easily bypass your armor, they count as necros and get shadow something to do it. Don't try to run past them, there will be too many at the end and you won't be able to attune the portal in time. Fight your way there slowly, and you'll make it with minimal death. Make sure the whole line is clear. That way, should you die later on and get ressurected at the strating res spot, you won't have to re-kill some scarabs.
2) This is a fairly easy section. The line covers from the portal's end to the about the end of the 2's tail. You will face hydras and minitaurs, not too much of a problem. Hydras only have a one time damage potentail, so tank them once and your free. Both hydras and minitaurs will patrols the dunes, so watch your back for reinforcments. Slow and easy and you win.
3) Home free! Just run it, there's only a few devourers along the way. You can fight or run with no big problem.
1) There are a LOT of hydras here. The best way to kill them is to have an enchanted (protection/armor upgrade) warrior out tank their first attack, and then kill them. Hydras are high damage, but low health and low recharge rate. Follow the map exactly and you should avoid 3 full hydra teams. Use the portal to cross, and then go to the new area.
2) This area has a lot of sand drakes. After the hydras, trust me, they will seem easy. It's not too hard of an area. Do not try to run it, the sand drakes have sprint, and a lot of them will be chasing you. There's a small chance a sand worm will be present near the 2.
3) Run it, fight it, you're close enough to not care.
Elona : Probably the hardest mission of them all. I suggest you head back out and get the Thirsty River and Dunes of Despair before you attempts this beast.
1) The first line you follow is the red one.
The way to do it is fairly simple though. At the start, make your way to the hero with the item. After he releases the gate, kill the group on the South gate. Keep going south, up the mountain, slowly killing the groups you find.
2) Now you're on the blue line.
Head back the way you came, a few new groups poped in your way. Kill them and head to the next one, it shouldn't be too hard if you take it slow. You'll reach the third item if you don't go to quickly, and if no one agroos a bunch of the big mobs.
3) Now start heading back, follow the black line. You'll find one group that formed around the gate you exited. Do NOT try running this part, one of the two item carriers will die, and you'll fail. Fight your way up, run if both carriers can make it and you're near the ghostly hero. Congradulations, you're done with elona.
This road takes you from Elona to the Thirsty River.
1) You've done this before, just do it in reverse order now = )
2) Take the low and green valley. You'll meet a lot of Lasandru (or whatever their names are). Lasandrus are, well, think of really pissed off centaurs. They're not too hard if you take them slowly, and only fight 1-2 mobs at a time. Avoid the hydras at all cost, they are so densely grouped you will die. You could try running the Lasandru when you're half way through the valley, but it's safer to fight them.
1) You'll be facing a few lasandru and griffons, nothing to worry about. Atune the portal and step through.
2) There's a few lasandru right at the opening of the portal, they might pose a challenge, but not a very big one. Take the black line if you want a little experience, and a great view of the area. If not, follow the red line. The lower valley has a lot of dispered groups of Lasandru, and the burrowers up high can't hit you. The area is easy.
3) While you are very, very close to the new area now. Do NOT run it. There are a hell of a lot of monsters packed tightly together, they will get you if you try running.
Congrats, you're at the Thirsty River.
The Thirsty River is quite easy. When you start the stage, you'll have to kill a few sand giant for moral bonuses (don't talk to the ghostly hero until you have explored the entire area for sand giants). After that, you get to fight in a PvP style PvE arena.
The first one is easy. Kill the first patroling group, then the second, and kill the priest and guarding group, which including a lizard version of the ghostly hero.
The second one is a little harder. Wait until both teams start fighting, and kill the four lizards/armor fighting near you. Run up the hill, and kill the other 4 lizards fighting, and then proceed to kill the priest + guards. Wait until the group revives, kill the 2 lizards that come up to you, run and kill the two at the bottom of the hill, and then kill the priest + guards.
The third one is a bit of a challenge. Go right and kill the priest + guards. Wait until the two minute mark, and then go across and kill the priest + guards. The only way left now is to the top of the hill, the central priest. He's guarded more then every other priest was before. Kill the guards, then the priest, then the hero.
You're done with the thirsty river now. Return to Augury Rock.
1) Reform your group, and leave the rock. Head down to the new area, tanking hydras for their first hit damage. Either follow the lower basin, or use the teleporter, they both have about the same groups guarding them.
2) They'll be some desser griffons here, and potentially a worm near the raised part next to the ressurection shrine. It's alone, tank it and kill it. Kill the griffons at the bottom of the hill, and then use the teleporter. You'll appear near some Sand Elementals, they're not too bad to kill (don't get swarmed).
3) Follow the road down, and take the teleporter! Avoiding the teleporter means death, as their are two sand worms on the 3, and it's a massive detour to get to the dunes the other way. You might face some sand giants near the teleporter. Get a warrior to rush in and absorb all the giant stomps while you heal him, and cross the teleporter after.
Dunes of Despair.
The Dunes of Despair is probably the easiest of them all. Simply kill everything you find in your path. After you start finding more enchanted armor and less centaur, you'll find some armor guarding something that looks like a city on top of a hill. Go there, clear the entrance (3-4 armor) and then your ghostly hero will beging a 10 odd minutes ritual. Kill the armor groups as they spawn, and then get the Siege Worms as they spawn. The area can easily be done by two players and four henchmen.
Head back to Augury Rock, and talk to the priest. Now he's taken you down to the oasis in front of Augury rock, where three ghosts will tell you some things about their lives. The circle ahead will be glowing, step into it, and then step on all the buttons on the ground.
The cliff will open, and you will be facing a mirror image of yourself. I don't have many tactics for you, but here's one for the ranger (he's apparently the hardest to beat it with).
1) The mirror is very stupid. Get your pet for this, and go in close. Your mirror will use a sword instead of his bow, and you don't have a sword skill, which will make him incapable of using skills. Simply do this and poison the guy until he dies. Heal with whatever you have at hand if your health goes too low, but do realise he will use heal too.
EDIT: The ranger tactic can be used for everyone. The sword seems to do the least damage (my warrior was brought down to 1/4 health and then he switchs to a sword and didn't do as much damage). You can outtank him at close range with anyone, I believe.
Hope this helps all of you. :happy34: