PC Gaming News

Domination/Fire skills

Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me select some skills.

Mes/E
    rank 10 fast casting
    rank 10 fire
    rank 11 Domination

i'm thinking that i would have about 2 very time consuming fire damage skills, and the rest would be domination to hinder casters specifically. Preferibly longer casting times to take advantage of my fast casting.

Can anyone give some suggestions on whether this pvp build is sound, and if so, what would be a good skill list, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghodsi
    Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me select some skills.

Mes/E
    rank 10 fast casting
    rank 10 fire
    rank 11 Domination

i'm thinking that i would have about 2 very time consuming fire damage skills, and the rest would be domination to hinder casters specifically. Preferibly longer casting times to take advantage of my fast casting.

Can anyone give some suggestions on whether this pvp build is sound, and if so, what would be a good skill list, thank you.
    I think the biggest issue you will have is going to be energy consumption. As a mesmer you don't get a heck of alot of energy to begin with and alot of mesmer spells and especially ele spells take a good chunk. As a mesmer Inspiration is where you will get your energy back and while it will have some uses with nothing in it you might spend more time regenerating then intended. Either then that a mes/e is a good build and has alot of options to play with and on the plus side as you are leveling you can always play around and try different things. :)

yes, teh above poster is right, you will run out of energy quick. I suggest you move those stats from domination to inspiration and use some energy stealing/gaining skills.

so would it be better to transfer everything from domination to inspiration, or to level it out between domination inspiration fast casting and fire? i would like to use teh anti caster dom spells, but like you said, inspiration will be necesarry in this case

i also highly recomend you pick up shatter hex. People love to throw up backfire on elementalists. With shatter hex you can turn it around and deal area of effect 100 damage at your lvl domination magic around yourself and hurt many people

lose one or two ranks of fast casting and just depend on a rune to get it up, use a minor or if you dont care about your HP go major

lose all your domination skills and put it to inspiration, get and inspiration mask and runes to have it to 10

now this depends on your preference, do you wanna chuck fire? or anti-cast?
    the rest of your points will be focus on eitehr domination or fire, after you get rank 11 including rune, then you may put the rest to the other.

this is an example of balancing depending on preferences. If you follow this step by step, you will be unhappy, so try to tweak it around to your liking but base it on this idea i stated.