PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

attribute help from war vets...

Well i have been playing a war/rang for about a week now and i have been having a great time. I was a good tank but my ranged damage was not very good...I wanted to be good at both ranged damage and close range damage..So i put some attributes into marksmanship, but i really wanted apply poison,poison arrow, and troll urgent to cause damage and reg my health...so i put some attributes into wilderness survival..Since i am an axe warrior i put some of my points into axe mastery and i also want to wield a good shield so i think im going to put 6 in strength ...i am not sure where i woiuld get all these attributes.lol but i was wondering where i could put all my attributes....i was thinking of getting rid of markmanship, but i would then poison arrow wouldnt be very good..which i think im going to use for pvp..so plz help me with this attribute question

markmanship???
    wilderness survival???
    axe mastery???
    strength or tactics for shield???

and i cant seem to put any of my secondary runes on my armor and stuff...

thanks guyz :happy34: :happy14:

Don't bother with both Apply Poison and Poison Arrow. Just use Apply Poison as your Axe will also be able to deal the poison out.

Unfortunately, you want to spread your attributes along 4 lines, which spreads your points out a lot. To do good damage with weapons, both Axe Mastery and Marksmanship will have to be very high, which doesn't leave many points elsewhere. If I were you, I'd probably use something like the following:

Strength: 5 +1 (Rune of Minor Strength)
    Axe Mastery: 10 +2 (Helmet of Axe Mastery & Rune of Minor Axe Mastery)
    Marksmanship: 10
    Wilderness Survival: 10

This will allow you to use the top end Axes, and some fairly good Bows (but not the best). You'll also be able to wield a Shield, however, that will be fairly limited in it's defence. Wilderness Survival should be enough to make Apply Poison and Troll Unguent viable aswell.

Whatever you do, do not use items that you do not meet the requirements for. Just use the items that meet your max of that attribute (I.E a bow that requires Marksmanship of 10), else they won't be efficient to use.

As for Secondary Runes, you can't use them. You can only use your Primary profession Runes.

Quote Originally Posted by REI ONRYOU
    Don't bother with both Apply Poison and Poison Arrow. Just use Apply Poison as your Axe will also be able to deal the poison out.

Unfortunately, you want to spread your attributes along 4 lines, which spreads your points out a lot. To do good damage with weapons, both Axe Mastery and Marksmanship will have to be very high, which doesn't leave many points elsewhere. If I were you, I'd probably use something like the following:

Strength: 5 +1 (Rune of Minor Strength)
    Axe Mastery: 10 +2 (Helmet of Axe Mastery & Rune of Minor Axe Mastery)
    Marksmanship: 10
    Wilderness Survival: 10

This will allow you to use the top end Axes, and some fairly good Bows (but not the best). You'll also be able to wield a Shield, however, that will be fairly limited in it's defence. Wilderness Survival should be enough to make Apply Poison and Troll Unguent viable aswell.

Whatever you do, do not use items that you do not meet the requirements for. Just use the items that meet your max of that attribute (I.E a bow that requires Marksmanship of 10), else they won't be efficient to use.

As for Secondary Runes, you can't use them. You can only use your Primary profession Runes.
    wow thanks that a exactly wat i was looking for...thanks a lot :happy65:

Rei Onryou, Uber Warrior, at your service. *bows*

Quote Originally Posted by REI ONRYOU
    Rei Onryou, Uber Warrior, at your service. *bows*
    lol thanks,, but wat attributes do u think i should do first...axe..strength. marks then wilderness are should i do them all at the same time

thanks again :worship:

1) Axe - your main source of damage and allows you to use better Axes.
    2) Wilderness Survival - keeps you alive and Apply Poison is very nice with the Axe.
    3) Strength - improves the damage when using Axe skills, which is very handy.
    4) Marksmanship - allows you to use the Bows.

I'd put them in that order of importance, but feel free to mix it up. That can have the best results, but don't let any become too weak. Focus on 1 or 2 at first, then later you can spend points in a wider range.

Don't use both a bow and an axe. You can only use 1 at a time so the other skill line is wasted attribute points.

i mean why bother with marksmanship when u can get a very helpfull traps or pets
    i mean u want to get close and personal with your pray(i quess the only problem is the easly iterupt thingie)
    but going axes and bows imo is a waste

That is my opinion as well, but it can work, so it's personal choice in the end. It's better for PvE than PvP I think, but it's possible to deal some long range powerful skills before closing the gap and dealing close range damage.

I'd have to agree there.I'd definately say screw Marksmanship,you're only going to be using one weapon at a time and Apply Poison is wilderness survival and that transfers to your axe.So focus in:
    Axe Mastery
    Strength
    Wilderness Survival
    Tactics (allows u to use stances,Endure/Defy Pain,and shields)

Ignore Marksmanship,if your not a primary ranger its useless imho.