PC Gaming News

Stacking of hexes

If a person is under two or more hexes of the same type at the same time, what will happen to the effect of the hex? I suppose that with hexes like for example Ignorance (For 8-18 seconds, target foe cannot use signet rings), the timer is just refreshed if someone hexed with it gets another Ignorance casted on him?

But what happens with skills that are triggered by the targets actions, like Empathy (For 8-18 seconds, whenever target foe attacks, that foe takes 3-25 damage) for example? If a person hexed with Empathy gets another Empathy casted on him, is the timer just refreshed, or will the effect be doubled if triggered so that the target takes 6-50 damage when attacking? Or if a third Empathy is casted on him, 9-75 damage when attacking?

So, with hexes like that, is the timer just refreshed or will the effects stack? I suspect that the effects won't stack, because with some hexes that could be pretty powerful, but I'd like to know for sure.

They don't stack, they do reset the timer though.

The only thing I've seen stacking was life siphon healing 2 necros that cast it on the same mob, it didn't get -4 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strung Out
    They don't stack, they do reset the timer though.

The only thing I've seen stacking was life siphon healing 2 necros that cast it on the same mob, it didn't get -4 though.
    Life siphon and transfer (And other similar spells) both effect the casting necro, but the negative effects on their victim don't stack.

Different spells doing the same thing stack. eg 1 spell doing 2 bars de/regen followed by another spell doing 2 bars de/regen = 4 bars de/regen.

Same spells doing the same thing don't stack. They reset the timers.