PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expert Salvage Kits

Just wondering what items people use their Expert kits on.
    A short list would be helpful!

You can check the salvage items guide on GWonline.net . That list should help you to decide what to use exp kit on (first row is normal kit, 2nd row is exp kit).
    Also later when you have a high damage weapon ( must be close to the max damage) you can salvage it to get an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbit
    Just wondering what items people use their Expert kits on.
    A short list would be helpful!
    Sometimes enemies drop unidentified salvage items... You use expert salvage kits on those once you identify them for a chance to get a rune

Has anyone else had the occasion to find a purple salvage item, to only have it have nothing at all special when you id it? I had 3 in a row that way.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfirene
    Has anyone else had the occasion to find a purple salvage item, to only have it have nothing at all special when you id it? I had 3 in a row that way.
    Unfortunatly, yes. Happens WAY to offen to me

Purple is the lowest in line of "rares" and can often cause the item it comes on to spawn with absolutely no modifiers. But I believe that it has hidden bonuses too, such as a slightly better chance to salvage rare materials.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) Conjure Blame (PvP)

Just a heads up or some friendly advice: when you get far enough in the game that 400g is not a lofty expense, I suggest using an expert kit to salvage ALL items. I've done so with great results. Even if you're not trying to rip people off, you can make back your money on the rare crafting mats using only one kit.

I've been about 1 in 5 uses gets a rare mat....

Thanks,

Taran

Quote Originally Posted by coldfirene

yep, this keep happening when i ex-salv. purple, so i just do normal salvages on them now.... and sometimes got 6x the norm.mat. from one.
    but what i really need now are runes :o

The Key
    I found a rare (yellow/gold/etc) piece of armor from an enemy just to find out it had no rune and was valued at 176 gold :(

chipowa
    quick question while we're on the topic... if you apply a rune to a piece of your armor, and later you decide to upgrade armor and want the rune back, can you use the expert salvage kit to get it out?