PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: /lfg

GWOnline.Net Member

/lfg

Something this game needs badly. Right now, if you want to do a mission with a group of players, you have to go through a process somewhat akin to a cattle market. A simple system where a player can set a lfg flag, and an interface for browsing all those lfg in your district and select for grouping, is sorely needed.

As it is, I've given up on player groups and am sticking to henchmen. It takes too long to set a group up and the results are too unpredictable.

Zad.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I have no problems at all with making groups. They are unpredictable, I agree, but if you just select the first people who say LFG (or something like that), you have a party within a few minutes. However if you are looking for a healer/tank/..., then it might take a little longer. This evening I was looking for a group only for the bonus in Alessio and I had one within a minute.

i usually have no problems finding a group

i just invite everyone that says "LFG" and then grab the one (or if past desert, two) monk npc(s)

i'm now to the ring of fire islands and never spent more than a minute or two putting a group together. sometimes they are not good... but i usually finish the mission in under 3 attempts.

/lfg wouldn't be specific enough. Ever tried forming a group in Augury Rock? You really gotta talk to people to find out specifically what they want to group for. If you are looking to do Dunes of Despair and they are looking to do Elona Reach, there could be issues :P

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmurf
    I have no problems at all with making groups. They are unpredictable, I agree, but if you just select the first people who say LFG (or something like that), you have a party within a few minutes. However if you are looking for a healer/tank/..., then it might take a little longer. This evening I was looking for a group only for the bonus in Alessio and I had one within a minute.
    Eh, was that where half of the people quit after the bonus was done? If so, we were in the same game :D
    whee, I've got my signature back once again, I feel all warm and fuzy inside. being a pal is soooo great. now if I could only find my favorite probing device I could go on with my experim.. ehr research. ok, I realize that I would still have the problem of finding people who would lend me an ear (and no, ofcourse I don't mean that litarally...)

GWOnline.Net Member
    oooh, looking for group?

It's been hurting my mind thinking about what it could be.

GWOnline.Net Member
    It might help groups form faster, but it wouldn't help the quality any - you have no way of knowing if someone who flagged themselves lfg is any better than the people currently going around saying lfg over and over.

I just click everyone in sight with 2> above their head. If it doesn't work with that group, it doesn't work, I'll try again. The really hard ones I start myself clicking everyone in sight who is my lvl or above.
    whee, I've got my signature back once again, I feel all warm and fuzy inside. being a pal is soooo great. now if I could only find my favorite probing device I could go on with my experim.. ehr research. ok, I realize that I would still have the problem of finding people who would lend me an ear (and no, ofcourse I don't mean that litarally...)

GWOnline.Net Member ColdwaveKid's Avatar
    One of the problems I see with groups now is too many people want only certain classes. Basically, it comes down to most groups demanding two warriors, 1 to 2 healers and 1 to 2 nukers and if you do not fit a cookie cutter then you are screwed for partying once you hit Yak's bend or doomed to complaints.

So many times I will say looking for group with my N/Mo and people will just want to know if I can solely heal people and I assume just follow around being bored hitting heal party or what not.

Sure having two warriors attack and two enchanters nuke, while healers heal may be ideal, it is not very fun and gets old fast.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Addition to my first suggestion:

Add language flags (this is mostly for the euro's, you americans won't know what it is like on the euro server...) so you can specify what languages you speak, and have them show in the /lfg list. I'm getting sick of asking for a group, saying I speak english, french and swedish, and then getting invited by a group of germans who yammer away and make no effort to comunicate in the languages I specified.

MZad.