PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

4 char's / account

it would be nice if Anet would offer some kind off game card (buyable in stores) that allow you to up the char space cause 4 is rather low :(
    atm i have a pve monk/warrior, elementalist/monk and warrior/monk and one char i reserve for pvp (i delete and recreate when i want to change it)
    i don't really want to delete any of the pve chars but i do want to try necro, ranger and mesmer :-/

i normally take monk as secondary to rez cause rez signet although it's good isn't always available

or maybe upgrading char spaces with an addon you can buy in shops
    i know i'ld buy it >>

Quote Originally Posted by Loquetus
    it would be nice if Anet would offer some kind off game card (buyable in stores) that allow you to up the char space cause 4 is rather low :(
    atm i have a pve monk/warrior, elementalist/monk and warrior/monk and one char i reserve for pvp (i delete and recreate when i want to change it)
    i don't really want to delete any of the pve chars but i do want to try necro, ranger and mesmer :-/

i normally take monk as secondary to rez cause rez signet although it's good isn't always available

i know i'ld buy it >>
    Totally agree, 4 slots is way to little. I have one Warrior, one Ele and one Ranger and One saved slot for PvP. And i really donīt want to delete any of em. plz,plz pleeaazzz ANet give us more slots!!

I agree as well. In all the games I've played, I normally end up with 8 to 12 characters. Like you, I like to try all the different classes and find one I really enjoy playing. Plus it's really a benefit to know how the other classes work that will make you more effective. I have all my slots filled and I don't want to delete any of them so I'm basically maxed. :(

I think that NC soft are looking to make extra sales through this limitation.
    there are 6 different professions available which gives 30 different builds when you factor in primary/secondary professions, if you throw in say 6 different pvp chars you would require 9 copies of the game and 9 different e-mail addresses to play.

With games like Diablo II you could have 8 characters per account, but could create as many accounts as you wanted with your CD-Key.

i'm not saying i want unlimmitted chars (unlim accounts/ cd key) but it wouldn't hurt handing out a few extra spaces
    maybe 6 pve chars so you can get every class as a main class and 4 pvp char's (random number...) and cause it's easyer to recreate a pvp char :-/

ofcourse if you have personalised your weaps....

which raises this question
    if your char (lets say a high lvl warrior has his own armour) and then you delete that warrior but start a char with the same name, will that new char be able to wear the personalised armour? (also a warrior)

Give it a rest!

/rant on
    I am just THANKFUL that a software vendor of a MMORPG does not nail us for monthly fees. I can easily live with only 4 characters if I do not have to pay every month. When the day comes that I can not, I will get another account.

It is less money to spend $45.00 two times to get 8 characters then it is to spend $45.00 for the game AND $12.00 per month. If you don't like the slight issues with the FREE MONTHLY game, go to WoW or some other game and stop barking at GW.
    /rant off

I'd love to have more character slots, but I have to agree with Keliab. Considering there is no monthly fee, I'm thankful I actually get four instead of let's say 2 slots.

This is one of those things D2 did better. More characters (not types of them) you could make. I wish we could have more and not have to pay, but heck we're in Capitalist America so go sell spaces for characters...

I'd even be happy if there was a way to, say, buy another boxed set and use the CD Key to expand my current account to 8/12/16/etc characters. Would be nice to be able to keep my Beta keys across multiple sets of four toons. Even better, give us an option to buy new character slots at, say, $10 per slot and have them add directly to our account.

Quote Originally Posted by Loquetus
    i know i'ld buy it >>
    so buy another cd-key and youll have 4 more slots! :)