I've almost gotten my R/Me to the end of the game, and I was thinking that a W/R would make an excellent PvP build. You get troll ungeant, which is basically as effective as healing breeze (slightly longer cast time), and apply poison would be amazing for a W as well. Sever artery with apply poison active, and they're sitting at 7 pips of health degen. Hundrend blades is going to be absolutely sick with apply poison.... Likely the only ranger attribute I would invest in would be wilderness survival... the pet seems fairly worthless for a warrior.
What do yall think? How is this build going to compare to any of the other common warrior combos out there, such as W/Mo or W/Ne?
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Thread: W/R for pvp
16-05-2005, 18:51 #1
W/R for pvp
16-05-2005, 21:55 #2
Originally Posted by jhokie
Funny I was just coming here to see what people would think of this W/R build I have been thinking about.
Class: Warrior / Ranger
Strength: 8 (37)
Swordsmanship: 12 (97)
Wilderness Survival: 10 (61)
Total attribute points used: 195/200
1) Apply Poison - (15,2,12) For 12 seconds, enemies struck by your physical attacks become poisoned for 11 seconds.
2) Hundred Blades (elite) - (5,0,8) Swing twice at target foe and foes adjacent to your target. This is an elite skill.
3) Sever Artery - (4a,0,0) If this attack hits, the opponent begins bleeding for 21 seconds, losing health over time.
4) Gash - (7a,0,0) If this attack hits a bleeding foe, you strike for 9 more damage and that foe suffers a deep wound, lowering that foe's maximum health by 20% for 17 seconds.
5) Final Thrust - (10a,0,0) Lose all adrenaline. If Final Thrust hits, you deal 32 more damage. This damage is doubled if your target was below 50% health.
6) Storm Chaser - (10,0,30) For 16 seconds, you move 25% faster, and you gain 4 energy whenever you take elemental damage.
7) Frozen Soil - (5,5,30) Create a level 7 Spirit. For creatures within its range, dead creatures cannot be resurrected. This Spirit dies after 70 seconds.
8) Troll Unguent - (5,3,10) For 10 seconds, you gain health regeneration +8.
Looks like we were thinking somewhat similarly. What do you think of this build?
17-05-2005, 16:20 #3
uhm, your talking about my build :) heres what im running.
11 swords, 10 wilderness, 10 str.
not got hundred blades and dyrders defenses and i appear to be missing 3 points i nstrength but pve it really rocks.
the 7 point health degeneration is horrible, healers have to use healing breeze just to counter it, and when somethin gets gashed their health ticks down very fast, final thrust and its all over, (ive had final thrust hit for 150dmg) when the going gets tough just throw up dryders + troll unguent.
plus an aoe poison attack form hundred blades. This is the first real charcter i made as i only played the gmae for the first time one week ago, but boy am i impressed with this build.
I put a lot of thought into this build myself and if your pondering trying it go right ahead it really is awsome.
17-05-2005, 18:56 #4
Originally Posted by Watters
18-05-2005, 02:55 #5
18-05-2005, 03:29 #6
I'm very biased on this subject, but hear me out, a Ranger/Warrior would surely be a better choice if you ask me. You loose out on some tanking potential but you got the most excellent Expertise, which has two skills which you will want to use, namely Lightning reflexes (33% IAS 75% dodge utpo 10 secs) and Whirling Defense (block 75% for upto 14 seconds), and, another minor addition would be Dodge, that makes you run faster then sprint and dodge a high percentage of the attacks while running away.
The total skillset can be found here: http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=345663
Note, when making this choice between ranger/warrior and warrior/ranger ask yourself which advantages each has to offer and then make a descision on what works better.
18-05-2005, 23:00 #7
18-05-2005, 23:17 #8
19-05-2005, 04:26 #9
Originally Posted by Joe_Synner
Troll urgent isnt crap when you got 20 seconds of 75% block/dodge and also the skill Dodge (which lets you run away with high dodge rate)
19-05-2005, 06:00 #10
It is crap when you are casting in the middle of combat. Other than that, its nice.
R/W would be a better choice, ditch apply poison, Get whirling defense + dryders defense + lightning reflex, with one after another, you have a semi-constant 75% dodge.