PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Rare Items vs Normal Items

    OK, so here's a quick one.

    I have a sword, damage 15-22 which is white.
    I have another sword, damage 15-22 which is gold.

    Neither of the weapons have any modifiers on them, for all intents and purposes they are the exact same weapon other than the colour...

    Is there any difference? Because I have tested this and it seems to me that the Gold weapon does more average damage than the plain one.

    So... Are rare/uncommon weapons naturally slightly better than plain white/blue weapons, or is there no difference at all?

    Vault

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Dweller
    OK, so here's a quick one.

    I have a sword, damage 15-22 which is white.
    I have another sword, damage 15-22 which is gold.

    Neither of the weapons have any modifiers on them, for all intents and purposes they are the exact same weapon other than the colour...

    Is there any difference? Because I have tested this and it seems to me that the Gold weapon does more average damage than the plain one.

    So... Are rare/uncommon weapons naturally slightly better than plain white/blue weapons, or is there no difference at all?

    Vault

    No clue man, but I'm bumping this thread cuz i'd like an answer as well... going to do a search of the forums on the topic now.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Dweller
    OK, so here's a quick one.

    I have a sword, damage 15-22 which is white.
    I have another sword, damage 15-22 which is gold.

    Neither of the weapons have any modifiers on them, for all intents and purposes they are the exact same weapon other than the colour...

    Is there any difference? Because I have tested this and it seems to me that the Gold weapon does more average damage than the plain one.

    So... Are rare/uncommon weapons naturally slightly better than plain white/blue weapons, or is there no difference at all?

    Vault
    Here's my understanding from experience:

    WHITE weapons / items are all 'common' and without inherent bonus / traits

    BLUE are 'somewhat' rare and is able to have minor bonus / traits

    PURPLE are rare and is able to have greater bonus / traits

    GOLD are 'extremely' rare and is able to have higher bonus / traits (is this true? I dunno -- I never got a gold item... just assuming due to the rarity of the item)

    So, your PURPLE 15-22 sword *had* a chance to have an inherent bonus (but does not) therefore making it the same as your WHITE sword but with purple lettering.

    If I'm wrong on any of these points please correct me, people... :D
    Last edited by Mad J; 18-05-2005 at 17:50. Reason: bad grammar

  4. #4
    OK, so you're thinking that it only has the bonuses it SAYS? What I was interested in was if they ahve any unspoken bonuses that are naturally built into the weapon due to their rarity, but aren't listed in the description.

    One other thing I'd like to know. I have made one of my swords do fire damage using a Hilt upgrade I bought. Now, fiery dragon swords inherantly do fire damage... Does that mean I can add a hilt to one and it won't remove the fire damage the dragon sword did when I got it, or will it revert to plain old slashing damage?

    Vault

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Dweller
    OK, so you're thinking that it only has the bonuses it SAYS? What I was interested in was if they ahve any unspoken bonuses that are naturally built into the weapon due to their rarity, but aren't listed in the description.

    One other thing I'd like to know. I have made one of my swords do fire damage using a Hilt upgrade I bought. Now, fiery dragon swords inherantly do fire damage... Does that mean I can add a hilt to one and it won't remove the fire damage the dragon sword did when I got it, or will it revert to plain old slashing damage?

    Vault
    It'd be odd if rare items had inherent UNLABELED bonus / traits. :) It's like using an expert salvage kit on a PURPLE dwarf armor with no descriptions and wondering why you didn't get a rune.

    As for your question: let me understand -- you applied a fiery hilt to a fiery dragon sword (or thinking about it)?? I would think that's undoable -- considering the hilt is the pre-word adjective and the pommel is the post-word adjective... but you never know until you try I guess.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad J
    It'd be odd if rare items had inherent UNLABELED bonus / traits. :) It's like using an expert salvage kit on a PURPLE dwarf armor with no descriptions and wondering why you didn't get a rune.

    As for your question: let me understand -- you applied a fiery hilt to a fiery dragon sword (or thinking about it)?? I would think that's undoable -- considering the hilt is the pre-word adjective and the pommel is the post-word adjective... but you never know until you try I guess.
    Sorry, I think what I said must have come out a little confusing, lol! What I MEANT was... Are fiery dragon swords basically just a sword with the hilt already fitted (hilt/pommel... whatever :P ) or can you fit a fresh pommel and hilt to one without losing the fire damage?

    Vault

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Dweller
    Sorry, I think what I said must have come out a little confusing, lol! What I MEANT was... Are fiery dragon swords basically just a sword with the hilt already fitted (hilt/pommel... whatever :P ) or can you fit a fresh pommel and hilt to one without losing the fire damage?

    Vault
    Fiery dragon swords are a sword with the hilt already fitted

  8. #8
    Have three wars in my guild all three have firey dragon swords and each have tried to put a different hilt on them. Each time it was attempted we recieved a message saying basically you can not do this. You can add a pommel but not a hilt to the sword. Hope that helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •