PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fact of the day

rinkxink

Fact of the day

Henchmen are like "mercs" in Diablo 2, as they fight with you during a mission. Henchmen (henchies) now come in all professions, but the Necromancer and Mesmer henchies aren't available until after Yak's Bend. Be warned, though, as henchies dont come without a price. With the assigned item drops in GuildWars, henchies can also be assigned drops. It would be wise to take as few henchies as possible on a mission, especially one that has an item specific quest or side quest.

could this fact be wrong? ive used henchmen for most of the game and the only thing they take is gold and not items? how about you guys.

GWOnline.Net Member
    The henchmans way of taking items is, the drops that would be given to them, are not shown and done.

So, you get a total of 22 drops in a mission.
    You had 3 Henchmen (max in mission is 4 people).
    Altogether, your group recieved 88 drops (average), but since the henchmen got 3/4 the "drops" and they are NPC's, theirs dont show.

They also take a fraction of the gold. 20 gold in a group with you and 3 henchmen will result in 5 gold to you (1/4th).

It all equals out with the gold they get. Both me and my husband play GW so its Him, me and 2 henchies. I was watching it one day and 20 gold droped and both me and my husband got 2 gold each. So between the 2 henchies they got a total of 16 gold. So unless it was a bug the gold the henchies get made up for items not dropping for them.

GWOnline.Net Member
    but they do take items. Whenever you get high in level, go to old ascalon and run around and kill things with a group of henchmen. Now go back out solo and see how much the drops increase in frequency.

The Fact of the Day is correct, the henchmen do "take" drops, although you don't see it. As Karmal said, try running a mission with henchmen, then run it again solo and you'll see a huge difference.
    Supporters :D of this site are precious....Volunteers are priceless!
    Ask us how you can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dragon
    The henchmans way of taking items is, the drops that would be given to them, are not shown and done.

So, you get a total of 22 drops in a mission.
    You had 3 Henchmen (max in mission is 4 people).
    Altogether, your group recieved 88 drops (average), but since the henchmen got 3/4 the "drops" and they are NPC's, theirs dont show.

They also take a fraction of the gold. 20 gold in a group with you and 3 henchmen will result in 5 gold to you (1/4th).
    you and chantal have it right. just wanted to add that more people will be able to do missions later on, the max is 8 people.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Thanks, I was just explaining it in an easier term, since 4 is a much easier number to calculate than 6 or 8. I do work with full hench teams often, and usually to do a mission once, THEN do it with people who want to loot and such. Or if I am skill hunting then I take hench teams.

FOTD needs some new facts IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AlsPals
    How abotu there are random items hidden through out the world that have no particular use -_-: Tattered Girl's Cape, Broken Flute, Ancient Weapon (ark in the city in the Arid Sea)

Quote Originally Posted by AlsPals
    Okay. Here is some new MOTD's of the day to place on the top of the page:

DO not rely on Aleisa the healer hench. She thinks she can be a smiting monk for some reason. We suspect she is a Charr spy.

Gwen is evil. She will block you in a corner and never move away. This is why GW players dont like children.

When away from the computer and not able to play gw *gasp!*, there is nice fancy books to read in the package you buy in shops. It also smells funny, but does not taste nice.

Play nicely or Gwen will put you in the naughty corner for hours.

Opening the front door at Nolani academy is not a good idea. Even for a Lvl20 tank. Those Charr just don't play cricket.

Prince Rurik looks and sounds funny. He also runs off into other mobs to attack things, wanders off in odd directions, and likes small fuzzy animals just a little too much.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Chantal Dubois is taken. She does not want any special invitations. Stop sending her webcam pics. You know who you are.

If the area is clear of enemies, dont just hit R and stand up to stretch. As soon as you stand up with your headphones off, having a big stretch with your eyes closed, a sandworn will pop out and eat your character. THen you will have to buy another copy of guildwars to play.

You think the grind is bad in GW? GO play world of warcraft for a week and stop complaining. Also, PUT ON SOME PANTS! Gees. I know im only a computer but at least you could try alittle, you know.

WHy are you reading this page? You could of found the best item EVAR if you where playing. For this reason, never stop playing GW ever again, or the bunny will get it.

You think the monsters arent scary enough? Try the game without your medication. The voices make it so much worse.