PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by salaboB
    Plus, I hate to break it to you: Those with the best equipment already do have the best advantage. Currently it's not so much gear (Since that's all easily crafted) but runes, and there is a very distinct advantage present to those who spent the most time gathering and unlocking items.
    not necessarily.

The difference in items only really comes into play the closer the two opposing teams are in skill level.

Also, superior runes are not necessarily better, since they come with -100 life. Chances are, most runes that are used in pvp are minor runes and superior vigor (which really isn't all that different from a minor vigor really).

Also, even with a chance to trigger said modifier, you start relying on luck. Why do your think the inhertant chance to miss with attacks was removed?

[color=yellow]~Rah[/color]
    [color=white]---------------------------[/color]
    [color=red]-=\[color=orange]Death Is Only The Beginning[/color]/=-[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfRah
    Also, even with a chance to trigger said modifier, you start relying on luck. Why do your think the inhertant chance to miss with attacks was removed?
    So why do you think there are things like this:

+1 to axe while using axe skills (1-20% chance)
    +X% armor penetration (X% chance)
    +20% chance for faster skill recharge when using X skills.
    +20% chance for faster casting when using X skills.
    Etc. etc. etc.

As well, chance for criticals is luck and especially important with axes (Since they have such a wide damage range) and there are other random numbers in play as well (Like blind, price of failure, ward against melee, aegis, etc.).

I'd say random chance is already well entrenched in the weapon (And entire game) setup, and adding new things wouldn't hurt anything...it would just allow even more options and cool things you could set up to do :)

Plus, on the better gear thing having the best advantage: It doesn't matter when the difference actually shows up, they do have the advantage. If the modifiers were balanced appropriately however, they wouldn't provide an innate advantage, just a different strategy option (I'd go with fire doing a 1-2 degen burn for one to three seconds as an affect not a condition, for instance...rather than the current burning being given to the weapon. That way it wouldn't screw over people with fragility, and would be a dependable, nifty, but not terribly strong side effect of the weapon. I do prefer the things you can rely on over the % activation, but I was saying that you don't have to give weapons effects 100% of the time if it makes it unbalanced)
    Last edited by salaboB; 26-05-2005 at 02:38.

verytired
    yo so let me get this straight...if u add lightening damage onto your weapon, it has a chance of armor penetration? or all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by verytired
    yo so let me get this straight...if u add lightening damage onto your weapon, it has a chance of armor penetration? or all the time?
    I hear mixed views on this, some say it penetraits, some say it does with a skill that has penetration, I upgraded my sword and IT SEEMS like I'm doing less damage overall compaired to just normal physical damage.........

Adding a shocking part to a weapon, from what I have seen, does not add armour pen to it.