PC Gaming News
    Xtopherus

Working Ne/Mo build

Well i've just been checking out the forum when i noticed many people asking about a necro/monk build. Well i've been using on that works quite well and I am quite fond of. It consists of a Death Magic/Healing spells combination. I focus my attribute poings in to death magic maxing it out and put 5 points into soul reaping for extra energy and put the remaining into healing bringing it to 11 i think. With runes and what not I have
    Death Magic 16
    Healing Spells 11
    Soul Reaping 6

With this combination i have these spells

Animate bone horror
    Animate bone fiend
    Deathly Swarm
    Heal Area
    Heal other
    Healing Breeze
    Vengence
    Resurect

i find this technique works in PvP as well
    I find that having both bone fiend and horrors produces the best combination. Bone horrors take the damage off of your guys and bone fiends seem to dish out good damage and i find that they don't 'degenerate' as fast. I use deathly swarm as my main form of damage while i wait for corpses to start appearing. With my high enough healing and healing spells i can keep others alive. I find vengence is a beast for keeping your warriors up or raising a monk when needed most bringing him back full health and energy for 30 sec till you can drop a full rez and get him healed. I just practically help the main monke to keep our team alive. Once the first body drops i lay a bone fiend on it, adding to the team total damage. The whole time using Deathly swarm to deal damage. I then put a healing breeze on my fiend and keep him alive. Once the battle is over in matches where there are multiple teams i rez a combination of about half bone horrors and half bone fiends. They gather close around you and i use Heal Area liberaly keeping them full health until the next fight. (sooner the better cause they degenerate faster and faster) when they start to die off faster i put healing breeze on the dieing ones. I pretty much just keep em battle ready till there needed. This strategy works pretty well and my team always praises me for keeping the team alive. I find i usually rez people a lot while the monk is keeping the main tanks healed. I get a lot of thanks. Overall i really like the build and don't differ from it much. I've experimented with Death Nova for extra damage when my minions die but i haven't liked it as much as just having both bone fiends and horrors. Well any ideas comments would be appreciated just thought i'd let all you out there looking at the Ne/Mo build know that THEY Rock!

--Character--
    Xtoph Herus
    Necro/Monk level 20
    DEath/Healing
    Guild: The Wind of Death

I am lvl 20 Ne/Mo and I use the following for just roaming around the usual farming areas.

-Bone Minions/Fiends (depends how I feel. If we're short on warriors I bring minions since the larger amount of targets they provide for the enemy greatly reduces the chance that players will be targets)
    -Vampire Gaze
    -Life Syphon
    -Suffer
    -Healing Breeze
    -Heal Area (mostly for keeping my minions alive... but I sometimes run into the thick of battle and give my warriors a boost)
    -Shield of Regeneration (elite skill)
    -Rebirth

This is a good general purpose mix. I'll change it up for other mission which don't provide a constant flow of corpses.

heal area is good when with minions inbewteen fights, as u can keep them pumped, but running into a fight and doing heal area not only heals ur warriors, but all surrounding enemies too, so I would never do it in the "thick" of it. Verattas sacrifice is pretty useful too for keeping minions alive evn in battle.

HAaving both fiends and horrors seems a bit overkill. The horros I found best as they seemed to last longer, and distracted the enemies more by engaging in full physical close quartesr combat. I only really used minions as distractors from my warriors in the group.

For the final missions I changed over to blood magic, as there were next to no corpses for harvesting, and popping life siphon, plus life transfer on ur foe was a -11 health degen which gotta hurt pretty bad. Since there were no corpses, I carried a capture sig and went heavy on the healing prayers side, and just healed the group whenever i could. vamp gaze was an excellent finsiher, 57 hp at 14 blood magic was great.

But now I did my necro with the missions and got the skills I want, I will probably go back to death magic for farming purposes. The horrors really do help, and allow you to bring a small team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser of Minoc
    heal area is good when with minions inbewteen fights, as u can keep them pumped, but running into a fight and doing heal area not only heals ur warriors, but all surrounding enemies too, so I would never do it in the "thick" of it. Verattas sacrifice is pretty useful too for keeping minions alive evn in battle.

HAaving both fiends and horrors seems a bit overkill. The horros I found best as they seemed to last longer, and distracted the enemies more by engaging in full physical close quartesr combat. I only really used minions as distractors from my warriors in the group.

For the final missions I changed over to blood magic, as there were next to no corpses for harvesting, and popping life siphon, plus life transfer on ur foe was a -11 health degen which gotta hurt pretty bad. Since there were no corpses, I carried a capture sig and went heavy on the healing prayers side, and just healed the group whenever i could. vamp gaze was an excellent finsiher, 57 hp at 14 blood magic was great.

But now I did my necro with the missions and got the skills I want, I will probably go back to death magic for farming purposes. The horrors really do help, and allow you to bring a small team.
    Bruiser, yes the final mission is a bad place for minions inmo, because of all the burning that makes them degen even faster. However, there actually are a few corpses. The second incarnation of those burning titans, the ashen hulk (or whatever its called) leaves a corpse. I used these to keep Well of Power going for my team through that whole mission.