PC Gaming News

Thread: Divine Boon

Thumbs up Divine Boon

While you maintain this enchantment, whenever you cast a Monk spell on an ally, that ally is healed for 25-61 health, and you lose 2 energy

Costs 5 Energy and a regen arrow.

What do people think of this enchantment?
    I think that it is really useful, the extra energy cost and lack of regen are a bit of a problem, but it makes 5 energy spells much more viable, instead of having to use 10 or 15 energy spells for larger healing. :happy65:

Immensely handy when you're concentrated on direct heal spells that you cast at intervals so your energy doesn't drain to fast. Also handy if you have a Necro that uses Blood Ritual/Blood is Power on you. But for when you're casting AoE spells like Heal Party, or on constant spamming spree, not so handy.

I liked it at first but found that the good communication to the group was needed. Often it was better to leave someone to lose quite a bit of health before healing and people using self heals or another monk (damn u alesia :p) would throw in a quick heal and negate the maximum usage of your spell.

I also had some difficulty managing divine boon in areas were a lot of people get hurt at the same time, finding that I was far too low on energyand at times relying on signet of devotion to keep someone alive.

Positively its low cost make it easily re-doable and if the enchantment is removed its not that bad since the build I had could heal almost as effectively without it.

The -2 energy per skill would be worth it.

The -1 energy regen would be worth it.

The -2 energy per skill and -1 energy regen isn't worth it.

Maybe there are exceptions, but I don't like this skill.

Works as part of a Prot/Healing Build

Quote Originally Posted by Metagenki
    The -2 energy per skill would be worth it.

The -1 energy regen would be worth it.

The -2 energy per skill and -1 energy regen isn't worth it.

Maybe there are exceptions, but I don't like this skill.
    For PVE, I use

Blessed Signet
    OoH
    WoH
    Signet of Devotion
    Life Bond
    Balthazar's Spirit
    Divine Boon
    Resurrect

I cast Divine Boon first out on a quest or mission. Next I cast Balthazar's spirit on myself. As needed I cast Life Bond on the players who are getting mobbed by enemy aggro. When they are getting hit consistently that I have to pay attention to them, I cast Life Bond. I also cast Life Bond when I know they will get hit hard (think hydras) Protection never fails and it lightens the load (so I don't do the button mashing thing). I don't find energy to be too bad a problem as long as I keep my eye on what's going on. I have signet of devotion around just in case my energy gets too low.

My only weakness is around mesmers. I find if I stay far enough away from them I do ok and they can't remove my enchantments. if they DO remove my enchantments, I have enough to fall back on and keep the healing going. It is more a pain in the butt to do it this way as the heals are less.

With this build, my friend and I went Sand Drake hunting in Diviner's Ascent. She was able to take on a Sand Wurm, and three drakes at the same time while staying alive!! That encounter kept me on my toes and I was getting hit (through life bond), but she lived through it. :)

My setup in weapon hand is Holy Rod using Diving Favor 20% recharge
    Item hand - I have a +12 energy 20% cast / 20% recharge using healing prayers.