PC Gaming News

Thread: Trapper

Trapper

Could someone tell me of a decent trapper build?
    I could use one.
    I have a ranger that I'm not particularly fond of at the moment.

Ah the trapper, my old baby ^^ i had (and still have i guess) several pure trapper builds however with the great nerfing that occured before release you'll find traps no longer work as a main damaging source. They're more of a support defense/choke now. However i know that the conditions set by the traps can be extremely helpful in the underworld etc.
    My favourite three are barbed, flame and dust. 10 in expertise drops the mana nicely. What is your current ranger's secondary class? we could get a build together quicker knowing that.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline.Net Member
    I've tried pure trapping builds a lot, with oath shot, serpents quickness/zephyr + spike trap.. it just doesnt work.. just doesnt. You can lay down a ton of traps and only hit one person with it, which will be hit for about 50% of its hp, while you've bene laying traps for 2 minutes straight.

Just get one trap, spike trap or barbed trap I'd advice, and lay it under you if you're using a bow. So that when a ranger comes for you, you have an easy escape.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nSin
    I've tried pure trapping builds a lot, with oath shot, serpents quickness/zephyr + spike trap.. it just doesnt work.. just doesnt. You can lay down a ton of traps and only hit one person with it, which will be hit for about 50% of its hp, while you've bene laying traps for 2 minutes straight.

Just get one trap, spike trap or barbed trap I'd advice, and lay it under you if you're using a bow. So that when a ranger comes for you, you have an easy escape.
    i use my trapper build when it comes to farming. all i use essentially is barbed, pin down and poison + hunters shot. lay barbed, lure with crippling. poison then hunt. traps activates, = run away, enemy crippled more. pin down recharged. repeat until dead. thats the GIST of it