PC Gaming News

Mo/E Farming Build help:/

attributes and skills sugguestions.. thanks

pump the m forget the e, smite/heal/divine your set. skills, not hard to figrue out..i like to let people experiment but some people on these boards will lay out a nice 8 skill set for ya.

i would have no use for the E?? :(

Quote Originally Posted by thymonarch
    i would have no use for the E?? :(
    no you woudlnt 'have' to but the best farming build IMHO is to put smite/healing/divine up high.
    you got a aoe smite and a aura(aoe damage) that starts out your damage dealing. then you pop zealots fire(actualy before fight pop that) and just keep yourself alive with (my personal preference) healing hands, healing touch, healing breeze. ..
    Zealots fire casues these, evetime you heal, to do aoe damage as well. so you got 2 dot's going, and 1 or 2 aoe attacks/heals(keeping yourself alive) in the time you can cast rain fire.
    you also want to ensure these heals are enough to keep you alive, so you pump heal and divine. off top of my head im 13/12/12 ..i think and i honesly dont see a time when i would take the few seconds to cast meteor shower. if i had it max, yeah it woudl help our but i wodlnt be able to tank well enough to do anything harder than drake runs

feel free to pm me and ill dust off the monk and take you on a run with my build and see what you think.

I max out on divine favor and healing/smiting prayers (~12 each), and use the following skills:

Orison of Healing - repeat during combat
    Healing Touch - repeat during combat
    Reversal of Fortune - repeat during combat
    Healing Breeze - maintain during combat if the previous three are insufficient
    Zealot's Fire - use before and maintain during combat
    Symbol of Wrath - repeat during combat
    Peace and Harmony [elite] - use before and maintain during combat
    Balthazar's Spirit - use before and maintain during combat

You can also substitute Balthazar's Aura for Healing Breeze, if the area is easy enough, and you can keep your energy up.

With enough enemies you should be able to cast the first three skills endlessly with no extra delay between casts. This is enough to take out lots of Flesh Golems, but, it can be difficult if they use Lingering Curse, because you have to recast your enchantments while watching your energy and staying alive. I also use it on groups of no more than four Blessed Griffons in the southernmost area of Snake Dance, because the Griffons drop monk items. Nothing beats Flesh Golems for pure cash, though.

Where are you planning to farm?

I've experimented with a lot of combinations and these were the quickest and easier builds to farm with.

Riverside Province:
    Essence Bond
    Zealot's Fire
    Balthazar's Aura
    Healing Hands (Elite)
    Symbol Of Wrath
    Orison Of Healing
    Healing Hands
    Sprint, I use part Warrior but this isn't necesary; I just like doing things fast, time is money

Perdition Rock:
    Essence Bond
    Zealot's Fire
    Balthazar's Aura
    Shield Of Judgment (Elite)
    Symbol Of Wrath
    Orison Of Healing
    Healing Hands
    Smite Hex

Attribute points don't matter to much, but I like:

Divine Favor: 10+1
    Healing Prayers: 11+1+3
    Smiting Prayers: 10+1

qjorn
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDivorce
    Where are you planning to farm?

I've experimented with a lot of combinations and these were the quickest and easier builds to farm with.

Riverside Province:
    Essence Bond
    Zealot's Fire
    Balthazar's Aura
    Healing Hands (Elite)
    Symbol Of Wrath
    Orison Of Healing
    Healing Hands
    Sprint, I use part Warrior but this isn't necesary; I just like doing things fast, time is money

Perdition Rock:
    Essence Bond
    Zealot's Fire
    Balthazar's Aura
    Shield Of Judgment (Elite)
    Symbol Of Wrath
    Orison Of Healing
    Healing Hands
    Smite Hex

Attribute points don't matter to much, but I like:

Divine Favor: 10+1
    Healing Prayers: 11+1+3
    Smiting Prayers: 10+1

umm just so you know, Healing hands is also an elite skill, so it wont work in conjunction with SoJ.

thanks for the advice

so i guess all monk skills is the way to go in farming..

so being an elementalist is useless huh..
    maybe E/Mo is better?

is the E ever used on other purposes like general PvE and PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by qjorn
    umm just so you know, Healing hands is also an elite skill, so it wont work in conjunction with SoJ.
    you also can't use 16 skills on an 8 skill bar.