PC Gaming News

what CLass is good for taking down mobs?

i wanna make a guy that can take down good sized mobs easily, i was thinking of a mo/w thats totally offencive, but they suck when it comes to mesmer mobs, i was also told that N/me or Me/n are good but i havn't heard anything to back that up. Any tips on what i shoudl make.

Fire elementalist would probably the most popular one. I would suggest using a Monk as your secondary to keep yourself alive. Meteor storm + spamming Orison of Healing shouldn't be a bad combination.

W/Mo's with Retribution, Holy Wrath, Balthazar's Aura, and Symbol of Wrath are capable of a lot of damage, as well as surviving it. That's probably the fastest way to take care of a group of melee enemies.

Fire or Earth/Air elementalists are also proficient at mob control. Meteor Storm, Fire Storm, Lava Font, Inferno, Flame Burst, all are fairly large area Fire attacks (albeit the last two are centered on you all the time). Chain Lightning has 25% armour penetration and does a lot of damage to three close targets, Whirlwind or Earthquake combined with Aftershock can do a lot of damage, Crystal Wave and Obsidian Flame are both armour piercing attacks (though Obsidian Flame is a single target spell).

One would also reckon that Illusionary Weaponry and Cyclone Axe would be an effective means of crowd control, doing a constant 34 damage to any enemy within touch range pretty often.

I haven't gotten many Necro spells yet but "Deathly Swarm" does pretty good Ice damage to three foes (if they are close enough together)

you'll never find something that can singlehandedly defeat every enemy. that's what the entire concept of balance in this game is about. :P

acraze
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrodias
    you'll never find something that can singlehandedly defeat every enemy. that's what the entire concept of balance in this game is about. :P
    Agreed. I would suggest pyromancer too but still you can't handle every kind of enemy with it.