PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Elona Reach (Hench Only)

I got fed up with people in my group not listening and always fighting me on the best way to complete the mission. I broke down and decided to use ONLY henches. Well damned if it didn't work. I got is done with almost 6 minutes to spare and they all did what I said. Amazing.

Its sad when AI do better then people. I beat Elona with people, but wasn't lucky enough to find a group of people that weren't ignorant, cocky fools for Thirsty so I did that with henchmen; far easier then with people.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Hah I see I wasn't the only one who has beat it with the henchies. Its like 20x easier with them. Gratz by the way :happy65:

GWOnline.Net Member
    I did Elona's reach in two tries with henchmen, as well. The first time was a bit of a trial run to see what was out there and what to expect and when my system would lag so that it would be impossible to move while combat loaded :P With henchmen along, I did the mission with 13:21 left. If you are careful, most missions (The Glade and Thirsty River are the only ones I have not been able to complete with just henchmen) are completeable with henchmen. Just be patient.

I know this is an old post, but I'm a fairly new player, so......

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildin View Post
    I did Elona's reach in two tries........Just be patient.
    This is my problem. The closest I got was the second time. That clock does it to me, and I start pushing the issue. I play with henchies only, and have done ok with all the other quest. Maybe I'll put a piece of tape on the screen, covering the clock. :)

I guess I felt the same way you did when I killed Abaddon with my hench and heroes team, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoflux View Post
    This is my problem. The closest I got was the second time. That clock does it to me, and I start pushing the issue. I play with henchies only, and have done ok with all the other quest. Maybe I'll put a piece of tape on the screen, covering the clock. :)
    General advice always kill the forgotten monk first (especially if you happen to meet the monk boss).

What I usually do (in the timed part) is go south from the altar with the ghost, killing one group just after the door, then one near the huge rock. Then I pull the patrol kill it, I try not to aggro the boss (usually standing near the end of the bridge) by hugging the wall under the fire of some forgotten above that I kill as soon as my henchmen are out of potential aggro of the boss. I enter the area with the orb, pull the group without boss and then kill the other one (with the boss). I grab the orb and run out of the place using the same path. (sometimes you have to kill one or maybe two groups to go back to the ghost)

For the second one I go back south to the rock, follow the path to the west leading to where one of the spirits is trapped, it bends to the north where there are usually 2 groups. Pull and kill. Then avoid patrols (and aggro) and rush to the west where the second orb lies. Kill the boss and his guards and run back home.

Usually doing that will give you a 10 minutes margin. (and no I'm not claiming this is the best way to do it just that it's easy enough)

I beat this mission in under five minutes, and it only cost me 1k.

It gets even better with heroes, especially when you have 2 real people and 6heroes.
    Benefits:
    1 you can design the best possible team setup.
    2 easier to make a plan with only one other real person.
    3 heroes can be mutch more powerfull then henches.
    4 heroes listen better then real people.
    5 you get to know that other person a bit better.
    6 way more easy to find a team this way.
    A PuG really must know what its doing to beat this setup (mostly they dont)

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael STX View Post
    I beat this mission in under five minutes, and it only cost me 1k.
    With bonus too, I might add.