PC Gaming News
    Felix Siphon

Ne/R Bone Fiend Power Build *Feedback plz*

This char is mainly geared towards keeping bone fiends alive during PvE and doing massive damage. I am not sure how it would work in PvP, the corpse problem of course would come up.

Stats:

Soul Reaping: 6
    Death: 12 (all bonuses and runes go in here, not added in)
    Beast Mastery: 3
    Wilderness: 10

Animate Bone Fiends
    Deathly Swarm
    Rotting Flesh
    Verata's Sacrifice
    Healing Spring
    Troll Ungurent or Blood of the Master
    Favorable Winds
    Fertile Season

Ok the deal is to kill with mobs with Deathly Swarm and Rotting Flesh (both hit 3 or more targets that have clustered together). As they drop off raise Bone Fiends. After getting several up, you can mantain them with Verata's Sacrifice and Healing Spring (heals all allies in the area, this includes fiends right and yourself?). Favorable Winds is dropped to increase the fiends damage and attack speed (increase arrow damage and speed, this includes fiends yes?). Fertile Season is dropped to increase armor and health of the fiends. This build is to keep the fiends alive and buff the crap outta em. Any thoughts?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Deadly Swarm (is there such thing as Deathly in English?) takes forever to cast.
    Take that out and replace with Plague signet (elite) / Grenth's balance for quick HP replenish.

Blood of the Master rather than unguent.

Another alternative is to do curses instead of wilderness survival:
    1) Healing Spring --> Enfeeble
    2) Favorable winds --> Mark of Pain

Enfeeble is spammable, so you can actually save more health in doing less Blood of the Master. Healing spring is too easy to interupt, imo.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatdawg
    Deadly Swarm (is there such thing as Deathly in English?) takes forever to cast.
    Take that out and replace with Plague signet (elite) / Grenth's balance for quick HP replenish.

Blood of the Master rather than unguent.

Another alternative is to do curses instead of wilderness survival:
    1) Healing Spring --> Enfeeble
    2) Favorable winds --> Mark of Pain

Enfeeble is spammable, so you can actually save more health in doing less Blood of the Master. Healing spring is too easy to interupt, imo.
    healing spring?? is that same as well of blood ehh?? and i would use well of suffering...that way first corpse can be dedicated to that then start ur summons

GWOnline.Net Member
    wow the 60 minute edit is odd ehh..but anyways i just wanted to state that it is called deathly swarm :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by JeEnYuS
    healing spring?? is that same as well of blood ehh?? and i would use well of suffering...that way first corpse can be dedicated to that then start ur summons
    Healing Spring and Well of Blood sort of have the same effect, but not the same properties.

Healing Spring heals yourself and those in your immediate area (pretty much RIGHT next to you) in "chunks" every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
    Well of Blood is +1-5 regen for 8-18 seconds (correct? I haven't used it in a while).

Well of Profane is also a good one...but something to do raw damage is always good to get your first few corpes coming.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Has anyone confirmed that Favorable Winds affects Fiends' projectiles? It says Arrows specifically, and I haven't seen anything specific to say that it affects the Fiends' projectiles.

Another problem is that Fiends are somewhat difficult to work with. You almost need to have Horrors with them. Or if you drop Wilderness Survival and pump up your Beast Mastery, grab a pet to be the tank that intercepts the mobs from getting to your Fiends. Otherwise the Fiends generally get too close and get stomped.

Also, while Rotting Flesh and Deathly Swarm hit multiple targets, that means that they're not hitting each target for as much, which means it takes longer to generate a corpse. Generally if you're trying to get a corpse, you're better off concentrating on one target and trying to drop it quickly. Then move on to the next one, while you have an extra body to help you.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadisLecrou
    Has anyone confirmed that Favorable Winds affects Fiends' projectiles? It says Arrows specifically, and I haven't seen anything specific to say that it affects the Fiends' projectiles.
    Little bump on this one, I'm curious as well. If it does work, would give me a reason to actually use my secondary class.

Just go with it man, try it out and overcome the challenges. "Generally" missions with no corpses are undead, in which case you can easily switch to smiting if your monk secondary, like myself. Corpses always come up, you can even kill friendly animals like lynxs and bears for their corpses also.

N/mo is extremely versatile, and you can always change dont forget.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I was wondering if Bone Fiends are worth my first signet of capture. I only just got to Lion's Arch and found a boss buy in a quest I can capture the skill from. Currently I dot up and summon mass amounts of bone horrors (I love soul reaping 5 with a major rune, infinite mana). I figure with my strategy it's either bone fiends or find a guy with minions.