I'd be curious as to your input and insight on the following build for a War/Mnk.
There are a few threads floating around regarding a War/Mnk but none seem to be the same as this one. Most, not all, but MOST... seem to support Sword... I'm going Axe.
Most also seem to support EITHER Smiting or Healing Prayers, (along with Strength or Tactics), but none seem to support BOTH Smiting AND Healing Prayers with only a nod to Strength and really nothing in Tactics.
The below is for a pure PvE ONLY build. Also this build is designed with solo'ing/Henchie'ing in mind.
Let me explain some of my reasons for choosing what I did... THEN you can tear me a new one :)
Axe: I like the status effect of Crippling Wound without a pre-req to it. There don't seem to be as many Axe users out there so I THINK Axes are easier/cheaper to get. I like the way Axes look :) And last but not least, the PBAoE of Cyclone Axe for only 5 energy. As you'll see as you look at the build... it's centered around AoE combat.
Smiting: Between Symbol of Wrath and Zealot's Fire I'm adding considerable AoE power to Cyclone Axe. At my low level of 10 with only 5 in Smiting, 8 in Axe, and only having Symbol of Wrath thus far... I can tell you... I'm able to lay down some serious smack with Cyclone Axe and Symbol of Wrath.
Healing Prayers: I need it at 10 minimum if I want the +3 HP Regen for Mending... anything less than 10 and I only get +2. I suppose I could experiment with this a bit but I like the idea of +3 HP Regen. Plus a 53 HP heal from Orison is pretty nice for an emergency heal when I need it. If I've got a Healer with me, either live or Henchie, I may put something else in place of Orison... though I really like it for emergency use and it has already saved my butt on occasion.
Strength: I hear more negative about this than good... but still figured the points are better spent here than in Tactics... especially since I won't likely be using a shield but rather a +energy offhand item of some sort.
Soooooo... without further adieu... below is the build I'm proposing for a solo'ing/Hench'ing PvE only build.
Thanks for any comments, criticisms, and advice you can give.
Rinwen Smitingblade, War/Mnk
Proud Member Of
The Edge - Guild Wars Utility
Class: Warrior / Monk
Attributes: (cost) '+' indicates Rune attributes
Strength: 5 (15)
Axe Mastery: 10 (61)
Tactics: 1 (1)
Healing Prayers: 10 (61)
Protection Prayers: 1 (1)
Smiting Prayers: 10 (61)
Total attribute points used: 200/200
Skills: [Attribute] (Energy, Cast Time, Recharge TIme)
1) Dismember [Axe Mastery] (0,0,7) Axe Attack: If it hits, this axe blow will inflict a deep wound on the target foe, lowering that foe's maximum health by 20% for 15 seconds.[Ringcrafter: Ascalon City (T), Captain Osric: Yak's Bend (OP), First Watch Sergio: Lion's Arch (T)]
2) Axe Twist [Axe Mastery] (0,0,8) Axe Attack: If this attack hits a foe suffering from a deep wound, you strike for 14 more damage and that foe suffers from weakness.
3) Executioner's Strike [Axe Mastery] (0,0,8) Axe Attack: If this attack hits, you strike for +30 damage.[Druid's Overlook (OP), Quarrel Falls (OP), Ventari's Refuge (OP), Maguuma Stade (OP)]
4) Orison of Healing [Healing Prayers] (5,1,2) Spell: Heal target ally for 53 health.
5) Cyclone Axe [Axe Mastery] (5,0,4) Axe Attack: Perform a spinning axe attack striking for +9 damage to all adjacent opponents.[Ringcrafter: Ascalon City (T), Captain Osric: Yak's Bend (OP), First Watch Sergio: Lion's Arch (T)]
6) Zealot's Fire [Smiting Prayers] (10,1,30) Enchantment: For 60 seconds, whenever you use a skill on an ally, all foes adjacent to your target are struck for 32 fire damage.
7) Symbol of Wrath [Smiting Prayers] (5,2,30) Spell: For 5 seconds, foes in this location take 24 holy damage each second.[Captain Greywind: North Kryta Province (EA)]
8) Mending [Healing Prayers] (10,2,0) Enchantment: While you maintain this enchantment, target ally gains health regeneration of +3.[Ringcrafter: Ascalon City (T), Captain Osric: Yak's Bend (OP), First Watch Sergio: Lion's Arch (T)]