PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Damage of Mesmers

I come to notice that mesmers might be one of the most damaging classes.

Energy burn(72 dmg) (10 mana) Cast On Anything
    Blackfire(119 dmg) (15 mana) On Spell Casters
    Wastrel's Worry(53 dmg) (5 mana) On Anything

Seriously, these numbers are higher than elementalist spells. Forget armor penetration from lightning, all these spells have a fixed amount of damage that never changes.

Also, the health degeneration with Mantra of Persistence plus Conjure Phantasm can rival Mark of Rodgort plus any fire spell. It's just a cast and forget, on multiple enemies when stacked with Mantra of Recovery.

Mana stealing is also in the picture.

I'm only comparing the paper figures against the elementalist, but if these things are true, which I don't know if they are, might as well be a full mesmer :D

you forgot to compare the "the number of guns"

To put it simply heres somethin:

Subject A:
    has 2 spells;
    -a 100 damage spell
    -a 128 damage spell

Subject B:
    has 5 spells;
    -81 damage
    -50 damage
    -90 damage
    -60 damage
    -40 damage AOE

when its time to fight Subject A will deal 228 damage in an average of 5 seconds and will wait for his spells to recharge for 10 seconds

Subject B will use all his spels and deal a total of 321 in an average of 8 seconds and will wait for his spells to recharge in about 10 seconds as well

Its not just the amount of damage dealt that makes you a a really good damaging class, its also whether you can keep a constant stream of that damage you are dealing

Good point, missed it completely, lol.

I was pretty impressed by mesmers although it's my first use at them. It is then I started to really look at the numbers and compare.

I wonder if anyone made a mesmer that had degen (Conjure Phantasm and Phantom Pain coupled with Mantra of Persistence) It would last for a **** 22 seconds for conjure, 18 seconds for phantom.

Then throw in some of those big cannons. Lol. I'm thinking PvM here, but I think it can be applied to PvP also.

Oh lots of mesmer uses DOT, phantasm, phantom pain along with necormancer skills such as life siphon, with elites like life transfer or instead migraine from mesmer illusion line

Quote Originally Posted by Zijian
    Good point, missed it completely, lol.

I was pretty impressed by mesmers although it's my first use at them. It is then I started to really look at the numbers and compare.

I wonder if anyone made a mesmer that had degen (Conjure Phantasm and Phantom Pain coupled with Mantra of Persistence) It would last for a **** 22 seconds for conjure, 18 seconds for phantom.

Then throw in some of those big cannons. Lol. I'm thinking PvM here, but I think it can be applied to PvP also.
    Yes, I'm leaving Domination behind completely with my Me/Mo, opting for Illusion and Inspiration. When I first saw that Mantra spell I couldn't believe my eyes.

Mesmers are great, and I love the goofy warriors that give chase. Burden, drain, run away. Rinse, repeat. :happy34:

Mesmers are my favorate profession. I'm a R/Me who hopes to be the biggest thorn in the backside of any monk in PvP.

The best mesmer spell is not echo, but blackout. you can totally shut down a player for 6 seconds. nothing can hinder a player more, your teamates focus fire on the weaker monk, while you blackout the primary. (this is because its more important to subdue the more powerful healer first, then take out-out the secondery healer, then kill the primary healer.

or

If you run with multiple mesmers with blackout, and stagger blackout, AND have arcane echo, you can teach those air elementalists what real power is.

For added bonus, use the damage giving interrupt from the domination line, I forget its name, then spam the blackout.

now if those mesmers are also rangers with a poison bowstring (I heard those are out there), have some REAL FUN.

Well, thats the main strategy of my guy at least.

there is no "best mesmer spell". Blackout is great but totally relying on it does not give your team that great of an advantage.

-Blackout's targets can still run away from you
    -You shut down one person but one person in your team is also shut down one person and that is you (im well aware you are shut down just a few seconds shorter)

A full on shutdown mesmer should be able to disable or pressure at least 2 targets, not just one. Shutting multiples of enemies down gives your team a higher advantage.
    The most recent ingenious use of Blackout i see is from Me/W who doesnt use skills and attack anyways, they use blackout and proceed on attacking.

In theory such a Me/W could play around with the Mantras of <element> or Physical Resistance to keep himself alive in combat and just hack and slash his way to victory.

I find Diversion to be useful for skill disruption though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zijian
    I come to notice that mesmers might be one of the most damaging classes.

Energy burn(72 dmg) (10 mana) Cast On Anything
    Blackfire(119 dmg) (15 mana) On Spell Casters
    Wastrel's Worry(53 dmg) (5 mana) On Anything

Seriously, these numbers are higher than elementalist spells. Forget armor penetration from lightning, all these spells have a fixed amount of damage that never changes.

Also, the health degeneration with Mantra of Persistence plus Conjure Phantasm can rival Mark of Rodgort plus any fire spell. It's just a cast and forget, on multiple enemies when stacked with Mantra of Recovery.

Mana stealing is also in the picture.

I'm only comparing the paper figures against the elementalist, but if these things are true, which I don't know if they are, might as well be a full mesmer :D
    Yeah man mesmers are awesome, you can also use them for massive damage, when i used this skill, it was only lvl 14, i did -132 on shatter hex, and -13 oh=n chaos storm. Right now, my domination is level 15 and i do -140 shatter hex, and -14 on chaos storm, later when i get home, ill try to hit 16 by buying one of them mask, so im assuming my shatter hex will hit about 148, i hope atleast.... :happy34: :happy14:

sexy! screenshot! :happy34:

Altho i wish Alakda the best of luck he looks abit outnumbered.
    Last edited by TheCheech; 04-06-2005 at 03:48. Reason: Was a spam msg so i added content :)