PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    27

    Flesh Golem Farming help

    Im trying to farm flesh golems (the ones in perdition) but they keep stripping my enchantments randomly. I cant figure out what spell it is that causes this, so I run out of energy very quickly and cant find a way to counter it. Im Mo/Me by the way with the standard smiting setup using essense bond to keep my energy high. Any skill suggestions to kill these things?

    They dont give me much trouble and when essence bond stays up I rarely hit half health, but if they strip it i ussually run out of energy before i can recover.

  2. #2
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    371
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerTen
    Im trying to farm flesh golems (the ones in perdition) but they keep stripping my enchantments randomly. I cant figure out what spell it is that causes this, so I run out of energy very quickly and cant find a way to counter it. Im Mo/Me by the way with the standard smiting setup using essense bond to keep my energy high. Any skill suggestions to kill these things?

    They dont give me much trouble and when essence bond stays up I rarely hit half health, but if they strip it i ussually run out of energy before i can recover.
    I don't remember exactly all the skills i (Mo/Me) used but i definately used these:
    Symbol of wrath, Smite Hex, remove hex, shatter hex (mesmer), healing touch, (orison?), Signet of Devotion

    The reasoning behind the lineup: no point in bringing any enchantments, make use of their hexing you and the fact that they don't do a lot of physical dmg, bring lots of hex removal skills.
    Energy regen is pretty good without any enchanments to maintain, Signet of Devotion saves energy.

  3. #3
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    103
    I believe it's called Lingering Curse, or somthing along those lines...
    Flesh Golems HURT now.. :sad53:

  4. #4
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    371
    Quote Originally Posted by donut time
    I believe it's called Lingering Curse, or somthing along those lines...
    Flesh Golems HURT now.. :sad53:
    Is that a monk skill?

  5. #5
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    103
    No, not monk...some sorta hex thing...necro or something..lol

  6. #6
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    27
    apparently now flesh golems own, so oh well...

  7. #7
    yiar
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerTen
    apparently now flesh golems own, so oh well...

    Aint that the truth. Before the patch, I could take down Flesh Golems like there was no tomorrow, now... i'm running into a little problem with mana regen and they are casting lingering curse a LOT faster now. There used to be a few second lag between when they engaged and when they cast but now you're hit with it before you can get a group of them together, so having ANY enchantments up beforehand is more or less a waste and having to wait until lingering curse wears off really hurts

    yiar

  8. #8
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    186
    Curses aside, the do about 3x the physical damage now....each!

    I can still take down a mob, but I usually die if there is 1-2 lone Golems left. By that time, I just picked up all I can and hope for the best. Given that this strategy means you only get to take down one group, it's time I found other grounds! :)

    Besides, the drops sucked even when I did manage to mow a group down!

  9. #9
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    371
    Quote Originally Posted by jlowry
    Curses aside, the do about 3x the physical damage now....each!

    I can still take down a mob, but I usually die if there is 1-2 lone Golems left. By that time, I just picked up all I can and hope for the best. Given that this strategy means you only get to take down one group, it's time I found other grounds! :)

    Besides, the drops sucked even when I did manage to mow a group down!
    I was wondering about that. I used to be able to take 4 of them. Now i don't know for sure if i cant reconstruct the build that i used to do that, or that it is because the golems do more dmg. I don't see anything about them in the recent changes list, except that mobs and drops on perdition rock were rebalanced. About lightning drakes it is specifically listed they do more dmg now, but not about flesh golems.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off