PC Gaming News
    Ebola

Top 5 Mesmer Skills?

Hi, Changed my second profession to Mesmer from warrior wandering what the top 5 spells are as it wiped my skill points so I have a limited number to spend.

:)

If you mean Top 5 as the best, there is no best, each skill has its own rate of value depending on what build you are.

If you mean Top 5 most used, you might want to start a poll for that one.

empathy and backfire(v high cost tho) are awsome
    chaos storm is nice(if ur fighting another warior this will make them unable to use energy based skills but the cost is a bit high)
    what i used on my warior was backfire empathy and shatter delusion
    and also it is better to switch the off hand item to something with +energy

Ebola
    Thanks for that just wondered what 5 skills are always in your armory. Like as a Fire ele I always have,

1, Firestorm
    2, Meteor Shower
    3, Phoenix
    4, Fireball

A lot of mesmers use empathy, backfire, ether feast, conjure phantasm and chaos storm.
    There is a reason why a lot of em use those..

Echo
    Energy Tap
    Energy Drain
    Arcane Echo
    Backfire
    Chaos Storm
    Empathy

Not necessarily the best Mesmer skills, but I think those would be the best candidates to support your ele in PvE.
    I'd say Arcane Echo and/or Echo are the ones you should definitely look into. Each of them will net you one more Firestorm or Meteor Shower during a fight, Arcane is somewhat expensive though and Echo takes the elite spot. On the plus side though neither of them require any attribute point shifting.

From there Energy Tap/Drain can go a long ways towards refilling your pool, Backfire's use is obvious, Chaos Storm is essentially just another nuke, and Empathy is decent against most monsters but I probably wouldn't end up using it with an ele.

Some favourites: (I can't possibly keep such a list down to a mere 5. Sorry!)

Clumsiness - Scares the smart fighters to death. Damages the crap out of the dumb ones.
    Backfire - Scares the smart casters to death. Damages the crap out of the dumb ones.
    Wastrel's Worry - There is a place in Hell reserved especially for people who stack this atop Backfire or Clumsiness.
    Echo/Arcane Echo - Spam the unspammable spells!
    Shatter Hex - Transform tanks into timebombs. (alliterative analogies are awesome)
    Arcane Thievery - Steal a spell. Particularly great because your opponent cannot use the spell you stole.
    Phantom Pain - Not terribly noteworthy except that your target loses maximum health for awhile when the hex ends. (if it is dispelled, they just lose maximum health sooner)
    Distortion - 5s of near-invulnerability from physical attacks. Great for getting out of the line of fire.
    Cry of Frustration - AoE interrupt. $@#%!
    Sympathetic Visage - No adrenaline for you!

Addenum. Choice picks for an Elementalist primary:

Channelling - Steal energy from nearby enemies whenever you cast a spell.
    Ether Tap - Ether on tap.
    Physical Resistance - Just in case your opponents want to get physical.
    Mantra of Concentration - Block those pesky interrupt spells.
    Hex Breaker - Great for preventing backfire.

Ebola
    Some great replys thanks guys :) Deffinitly helped will start looking for them soon when I have done the last mission. Pure Firepower I think for that.