PC Gaming News

Hybrid View

Cartigan's Question of the Day (QotD)

What is the difference between /sit and /afk. Both have you go into the "sitting" position until removed, which in this game is a glorified "kneeling" position and looks exactly like /kneel. But other than the letters you type, there is no difference. Maybe when you use /afk you would be unable to be invited to any parties or warped to some cornfield in the AFK zone. Maybe even you should go auto-afk after standing around for 15 minutes because you are a leeching bandwidth hog.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartigan
    What is the difference between /sit and /afk. Both have you go into the "sitting" position until removed, which in this game is a glorified "kneeling" position and looks exactly like /kneel. But other than the letters you type, there is no difference. Maybe when you use /afk you would be unable to be invited to any parties or warped to some cornfield in the AFK zone. Maybe even you should go auto-afk after standing around for 15 minutes because you are a leeching bandwidth hog.
    Always wondered myself. They should at least make it so you show up as afk if you type it in.

I guess so people know if ur sitting there or really not there.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hells Demon
    that's the point...the animation for sitting there and not really being there are exactly the same... :mad02:

Quote Originally Posted by Hells Demon
    You didn't read anything I said did you?

Does the AFK let someone know who whispers you? I think it also alters your status in people's friends list.
    Perhaps the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

A proud returning member of the Order of Dii
    Phaeax Of Dii (Tyrian Me/N) Alennia The Precise (Tyrian W/E) Arceloph The True (Tyrian Mo/P)
    Astraea The Swift (Canthan R/A) Sans Gravitas (Canthan Rt/N) Cryphaestus Dii (Elonian D/Me)
    Jenova Sans Seraph (Genesis E/D) Conjure Blame (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Cartigan
    You didn't read anything I said did you?
    We're supposed to read what people say in threads? :happy05:

LOL nah cartigan is just over-sensitive :p

Seriously tho, I thought it was because they were going to implement a "leet" way to input every command /bug becomes /haxxorz etc... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by snowkissed
    We're supposed to read what people say in threads? :happy05:
    What? ... :cheesy: