PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Bath
    2 Words: Dual Wielding :happy34:
    *thinks of damage that he could do with present weapons and dual wielding....* :love57: :worship: Dual wielding makes warriors everywhere happy

you are seriously that this:
    dual weilding would be so lame. the point of a hammer is to do extra damage sacraficing armor from a shield. putting in double swords is just like buying two hammers O_o you either make swords more expensive so people don't use them or you make hammers obsolete.
    doesn't sway your decision at all? I thought it was a good point - apparently you'd rather have another hammer class??! <_< these people...i swear /pompous

Quote Originally Posted by Seker Demonborn
    *thinks of damage that he could do with present weapons and dual wielding....* :love57: :worship: Dual wielding makes warriors everywhere happy
    Too bad it would require a new class and might require dual wielding to be primary

Quote Originally Posted by DeadUserTyping
    I bow to Duel Wielding :worship:
    I just imagined running around with two fiery swords.

No, that wouldn't work. Even if the characther looks like the Clobernator, dual weilding big weapons is nearly impossible in any respect (control over both alone is pretty excessive).

As well, they couldn't be these weapons we have, they'd have to be their own weapon with their own skills. 1) Would be WAY too overpowered. At 2/3 damage they'd both be ok and balanced since you'd lose a shield for a hammer's power (but no knockdown!). 2) They'd have to get half the adrenaline or else they'd be very overpowered. It would just be too much and too cheap.

As for me, what I want is dual wielded close range weapons that incorporate armor with the damage of a regular weapon. Think a staff, it incorporates both the energy boost of an off hand weapon with damage of a wand. I'd like to see a two-handed axe that attacks as fast as a normal axe, does the damage of a normal axe, but has armor. = )

Quote Originally Posted by GADefence
    No, that wouldn't work.
    Hey if people can fall through the world I dont see a problem with two fiery swords. Come on its FIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadUserTyping
    Hey if people can fall through the world I dont see a problem with two fiery swords. Come on its FIRE.
    Fall though the world? What? Where did this statement come from?

GWOnline.Net Member Hunt3r_kill4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa
    I think he meant for there to be a sort of "Wand Mastery" attribute. What would be better is if points put into a elemental attribute increased damage with wands/staffs of the same element.
    Adding to swordsmanship does not improve your swords damage, only the damage on swordsmanship skills. Therefore, it is the same effect with wands and such.

Dual wielding would be nice, but there need to be a penalty on the damage of both weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3r_kill4
    Adding to swordsmanship does not improve your swords damage, only the damage on swordsmanship skills. Therefore, it is the same effect with wands and such.

Dual wielding would be nice, but there need to be a penalty on the damage of both weapons
    Lets see what the in game mouse over in attributes says when I mouse over the Swordsmanship attribute.

-----------
    Swordsmanship
    Swordsmanship increases the damage you do with swords and your chance to inflict a critical hit when using a sword. Many skills, especially sword attack skills, become more effective with higher Swordsmanship
    -----------

The other weapon skills say essentially the same thing, including Marksmanship and Beast Mastery in the Ranger line.

Now that thats settled .... all 4 elemental attributes and all 3 mesmer attributes (non-primary) begin with the phrase "No inherent effect" (I don't have monk so someone will have to report on them) and go on to say that they affect skills.

So with that all clarified, I still don't see why casters shouldn't/couldn't get some sort of attribute damage bonus with their wands/staves, since after they cast a few Firestorms or Chaos Storms to help whittle down that group of 5 thats making your health bar drop like a rock that wand or staff may be all he has to cover his fuzzy butt while his energy recharges.

As a disclaimer to any dev that might poke their nose in here ... I not advocating any wild +3/+4/+5 damage per attribute point scheme, but as a "fallback self-defense weapon" 1 to 1 or 1 per 2 isn't too much to ask for IMNSHO.
    Last edited by Cyberberus; 06-06-2005 at 04:37.

Wouldn't mind a weapon upgrade that helped thwart block, evade, and misses. Doesn't need to be a sure deal but say 10-20% in your favor chance.

example. Person standing in a Ward against melee has a 50% chance to evade suddenly finds they have only a 30% chance to evade against such a weapon.

GWOnline.Net Member
    No, that wouldn't work. Even if the characther looks like the Clobernator, dual weilding big weapons is nearly impossible in any respect (control over both alone is pretty excessive).
    Some of the swords in GW are huge! They would clearly be two-handed swords in reality, but they're all used with one hand.

Personally, I'm tired of dual wielding in games (guns or melee). It's been played out as 'the cool thing' for nearly a decade. Miyamoto Musashi aside, swordsmen through history have largely avoided dual swords when a shield would serve better defensively, and a second hand on a single weapon would add more force to a blow. And of course, in reality, one good blow is all you need.

I'm not going to pretend that it's reasonable to compare GW with reality, but some things are just plain silly to me.