PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My "farming" story

Ok, well, I am not all for farming as it takes away from the game and I enjoy that, but after spening ~10k on that blasted Droknar Armor and other new items to suit up my warrior, I was, well, quite broke. I figured that as long as I spent all that money on the armor, I might as well get some use out of it and attempt to make it back today. Well, I did, but I also upgraded a shield, so ultimately I cam out better than where I was left yesterday, lol. Since about 2am-5am last night and 2pm-4am today, I have been farming a certain area that shall remain nameless. Thankfully after all this, I won't be needing to do it again for a while I hope.

Anyway, I would like to share some tendencies I did find. The best way I can compare what happened was like MFing in D2, if any of you did that. Some runs would yield a yellow or 2 and 3 purple, others nothing at all. Anyway, point being is that there were "hot" and "cold" spells. This area I am "farming" has a tendency to drop runes like mad, so making money was is kinda hard. I was able to salvage over 500 tannded hide squares though, lol. Think I am set on those for life.

Well, a little while ago, I decided to collect 20 unidentified items then ID them. They were 3 blue, 5 yellow, and 12 purple (20 because that's the size of the inventory and comparing statistics is easier). This took approximately 2-2 1/2 hours to complete. I was going for consistency more than anything, and that's what I got. Might be a little slower than other farmers out there, but oh well. Now here is where it starts to get sad :( Out of the 5 yellows, 4 were sup and 1 was major (sup blood mastery, smiting, expertise, marksmanship, 1 major domination). Out of all 20 items I salvaged, I mananged to get runes from 10 of them (I lost ALL but the Sup Smiting from the gold items btw, *tear tear tear*). I am kinda going on that it's a 50/50 chance to salvage items, although that is not the highest amount of #'s to compare. I would say, however, that I have ~50% of the runes that I have found, maybe more along the lines of 65%. So, you have a 50% chance to be successful and can get on a lucky streak so to speak, then break more than average.

This is from 2 days of "farming." That is all I have, but do keep in mind I should have at least 20 more that were lost. If I kept up this pace for a week, imagine how many runes I would have (I could very well do that, and am kinda tempted to; gotta make money somehow for all 4 chars I play :P).Now imgaine if everyone did it at this pace. Eek! :eek: Oh well, just felt like sharing and kinda venting that I lost those 3 sup runes cause that made me sad :(.

*edit* Had to edit the picture so I don't give away my location too easily

Last edited by Digital Bath; 06-06-2005 at 11:47.

Strange I never farm, never buy or sell except to traders.

Mostly give away weapons, runes and I get by with my 3 chars.

Currently running around 20/30 k on all chars together.

Personally I find farmin a waste off time :surprise:

But hey that is just my approach .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dead Wish

I never usually do, but after making my Warrior I wanted to give it a go. It has been a good way to unlock a lot of items, I can say that much. It was fun doing that too, as I got to test out some various builds I had in mind and I also earned a skill pt, lol. Yes, I gained 1 skill pt from monsters giving me 16exp a pop, and this is the second skill pt I have earned. You math people do that math out there as to how many monsters I killed if you really care that much, lol. I really think I have enough things now to get back to work on my other characters and be well off for a while. I'll farm more though for fun.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I know where that is!! :D

no..nevermind..

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dead Wish

how do you plan on unlocking stuff for a pvp char?

anyway, i started farming this spot a few days ago and farmed about 3-4 hours a day. i found:

2 x Superior Vigor
    3+ x Major Vigor
    2 x Superior Illusion
    2 x Superior Swordsmanship
    1 x Superior Axe
    1 x Superior Protection
    1 x Superior Smiting
    1 x Superior Marksmanship
    1 x Superior Fire
    1 x Superior Air

and many more superiors which i sold to the merchant.

basically i only keep the ones which i think i am likely to use on a future RP char. i sold them to merchant to save myself time and inventory space, plus i dont exactly need the gold. when farming in the correct location you can pick up at least 10k an hour... any time spent trading you could be farming and find another load of superior runes.

i dont even bother to salvage minor or major runes, i think i have unlocked them all previously anyway.
    Last edited by hireath; 06-06-2005 at 12:04.

Let's not start a "who can farm best" thread and hijack it to there. I was also kinda hoping my #'s, from what I found salvaging the runes, are about what everyone else gets. As for getting 10k an hr, I dunno about that anymore. From what I have heard, and from friends I have talked to, a lot of place aren't dropping as much gold as they one were. Hit with the nerf stick so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by donut time
    I know where that is!! :D

no..nevermind..
    LoL, quiet you! It really isn't all that hard to know where I am if you went off exploring and put this place on your map. :D

Looks like riverside province

Quote Originally Posted by Garumn
    Looks like riverside province
    And u shall be toasted for letting out the secret!!! :love19:

GWOnline.Net Member
    i already know what place that is... teh sad part is that when i went there Lord Malikaii is still standing there at that exact spot!!! LOL