PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gold Sink Ideas

Hybrid View

Gold Sink Ideas

(I didn't put prices on these, but I would expect them to be expensive)

Barber Shops/Hair Salons - Change your hair style/color (add in new colors [and possibly styles later on] that can't be chosen at the beginning).

Rare Dye Vendor - Dyes that are automatically applied and not sold by the bottle (as not to be resold) - These colors should be near impossible to create on your own and apply straight to your armor/weapon of choice upon purchase.

Aura Vendor - Basically just for show - Purchase different color auras, simliar to those from the C.E. - a code is given to you from the vendor that is unique and works only for that character (which makes the C.E. aura still have something special about it).

Gambling Item Vendor - an unidentified common (white) weapon/shield/foci that you purchase and identify - possibly giving you something nice based on your character level. (I know it's a D2 steal, but heck it was a fun system). :D

GWOnline.Net Member
    I like em :happy34:

especially the barber shop one

:happy65: Good ideas... altho the barbershop will ruin my fun! I've been trying to convince people that they are opening a barbershop in LA for days online :D people get really pissy when they realize I'm messing with them :happy53:

I would so shell out money to be able to glow. I want to make a warrior glow a pretty pink colour!

I definately would love to see your barbershop idea, neon hair was the best gold sink UO had...and

well the only goldsink, but yeah I'd love for more unique options (especially colours) to be available. Previews would be lovely though... ^^;

(past tense cause that butchered game is so dead)

Quote Originally Posted by glittersores
    I definately would love to see your barbershop idea, neon hair was the best gold sink UO had...and

well the only goldsink, but yeah I'd love for more unique options (especially colours) to be available. Previews would be lovely though... ^^;

(past tense cause that butchered game is so dead)
    Thanks. Yeah, poor Ultima, such great potential yet such crappy results.

GW > UO

Well, I would like to see a plastic surgeon as well.

I'm really bored with the face i chose at character creation, i would pay 50K just to change it. Hell, I'd rather change my face than buy the 15K armor :D

posted a couple of ideas once in the 'this game needs more grind' thread started by brenor some time ago, so I'll just copy paste...

- Halo's or aura's. Just to add that little of touch of divinity...

- Buyable (or earnable) emotes: wouldn't it be great to have an emote where an elementalist just suddenly burst out in flames or a necro just summons a skeleton and starts dancing with it?

- More cool weapons (a chaos hammer would be nice) and perhaps some more armors

- Different sets of guildcapes according to each character's class (have the ranger wear hooded cloaks, and the mesmer more stylish garben)

- Some unlockable faces and skins

- A make-over (needs to earned or bought, don't really care)

- Piercings! (wouldn't we all want to give em to our necros?)

- The ability to hoover around town for mages (no pros attached, just to look 'cool')

- a random generated map (would need to be unlocked off course)

- a little 'hall of monsters' in your guild hall. Would love to have a stuffed charr blade warrior standing around...

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by ReZon
    Gambling Item Vendor - an unidentified common (white) weapon/shield/foci that you purchase and identify - possibly giving you something nice based on your character level. (I know it's a D2 steal, but heck it was a fun system). :D
    As much as I don't want to see GW turn into another Diablo (I love the games, but keep them separate, ya know), The gambler was the best idea I have ever seen thrown into a game. It has got to be the single most useful gold sink out of any game.

Another gold sink they could add could be a bartender or something like that. I remember Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 had bartenders, and every time you bought something (if I remember correctly), the bartender would tell you a little more about what's goin on in the world. So that could be a way of finding out more of the obscure parts of the story, as well as a place for gold to be spent.

One more sink I can see being a huge hit would be a merchant similar to the weapon customizer, but instead of customizing a weapon so only you can use it and giving 20% more damage (or whatever it is), this merchant would add a random modifier to the weapon. You could only use it once or twice per weapon though so you wouldn't have uber weapons.

Oh and one more could be an ID person. A straight fee to identify stuff, say 50 gold or something per item. I know there are ID kits with 25 uses, but hey, an ID merchant couldn't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by glittersores
    Well the problem with putting an editor in is that if someone steals graphics NCSoft and ArenaNet would be sued by the artist.
    I'm sure they could add in a disclaimer saying they are not responsible for whatever happens to the art... Doesn't really seem too much a problem for me really. And if there was no other option, they could always have 'customize your armor' contests where they contact the winning artists for all the legal issues involved...