PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Sink Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Taxed
    How about for the uber rich....Custom Paint jobs for your armor...
    Choose from hundreds of designs and every color, each costing say....100k to use. Able to paint the designs (themed so you can match each piece of armor) on all types of armor.
    READ 600k for a fully custom painted armor set!
    600K would be way too much, the idea is great tho! :happy34:

How about being able to throw a banquet for your guild - 50gold per plate per person +25plat to set up the hall.

Then a huge feast and dance afterward (think of a royal ball from back in the medival times).

nice but what is the point? I would love the idea though if the game then screened a message to all players: '[GUILDNAME] is having a party!! They are way cool!!' or if other players could come and watch your decadent ways.
    In game guild-advertizing, that would rock!

How about for the uber rich....Custom Paint jobs for your armor...
    Choose from hundreds of designs and every color, each costing say....100k to use. Able to paint the designs (themed so you can match each piece of armor) on all types of armor.
    READ 600k for a fully custom painted armor set!
    600k would be a little crazy, but I definately think something like this should be put into action. Would be great for matching guilds. However, being a texture artist myself, the work load for such a project would be massively immense, so I wouldn't expect to see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by glittersores
    600k would be a little crazy, but I definately think something like this should be put into action. Would be great for matching guilds. However, being a texture artist myself, the work load for such a project would be massively immense, so I wouldn't expect to see it happen.

Well, I'm sure that given some kind of editor, there would be hoardes of people willing to make some graphics...just a thought.
    And yes 600k - there are lots of people complaining that there is nothing cool or unique to buy, it will give them something to strive for!

Well, I'm sure that given some kind of editor, there would be hoardes of people willing to make some graphics...just a thought.
    And yes 600k - there are lots of people complaining that there is nothing cool or unique to buy, it will give them something to strive for!
    Well the problem with putting an editor in is that if someone steals graphics NCSoft and ArenaNet would be sued by the artist. Considering this is a videogame, it would be a very heavy penalty, possibly sued a set amount based on the gaming population. And I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a week for that to happen...not to rain on your parade though...armour customization is a massive weakness of mine. I've probably spent around 80k+ mixing unique dyes. >.<

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of new armour variations in the future, just look at all the great armour graphic variations in L2.

More great ideas from ReZon. Always like seeing your suggestions.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by ReZon
    Gambling Item Vendor - an unidentified common (white) weapon/shield/foci that you purchase and identify - possibly giving you something nice based on your character level. (I know it's a D2 steal, but heck it was a fun system). :D
    As much as I don't want to see GW turn into another Diablo (I love the games, but keep them separate, ya know), The gambler was the best idea I have ever seen thrown into a game. It has got to be the single most useful gold sink out of any game.

Another gold sink they could add could be a bartender or something like that. I remember Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 had bartenders, and every time you bought something (if I remember correctly), the bartender would tell you a little more about what's goin on in the world. So that could be a way of finding out more of the obscure parts of the story, as well as a place for gold to be spent.

One more sink I can see being a huge hit would be a merchant similar to the weapon customizer, but instead of customizing a weapon so only you can use it and giving 20% more damage (or whatever it is), this merchant would add a random modifier to the weapon. You could only use it once or twice per weapon though so you wouldn't have uber weapons.

Oh and one more could be an ID person. A straight fee to identify stuff, say 50 gold or something per item. I know there are ID kits with 25 uses, but hey, an ID merchant couldn't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by glittersores
    Well the problem with putting an editor in is that if someone steals graphics NCSoft and ArenaNet would be sued by the artist.
    I'm sure they could add in a disclaimer saying they are not responsible for whatever happens to the art... Doesn't really seem too much a problem for me really. And if there was no other option, they could always have 'customize your armor' contests where they contact the winning artists for all the legal issues involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise
    I'm sure they could add in a disclaimer saying they are not responsible for whatever happens to the art... Doesn't really seem too much a problem for me really. And if there was no other option, they could always have 'customize your armor' contests where they contact the winning artists for all the legal issues involved...
    The only other problem would be 1/3 of the community drawing a pen0r on their armor.