PC Gaming News
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Gold Sink Ideas

I know this would partially distract GW players from doing what the game is about, actually "fighting" monsters, PvP arenas, and such, but it would be so entertaining for those who:

1. Are bored a lot
    2. Have nothing to do
    3. Want to do something other than PvPing or farming
    4. Like MINI-GAMES!

Mini-games and extra-cirricular activities such as bowling, fishing, target practice, dancing floors, eating and driking, GvG match observing (with friends commenting on the strategies used, and having bets on who will win, officially of course), cards, tic-tac-toe, auctioneer, accessory stores, and games that can make unique uses of your skills.

For example: You can have a "tower defense" (Warcraft 3) mini-game where a random group of monsters spawn at the top of the custom map, and run through the maze to try and get to the bottom of the map. But you'll have a team of around 16 players strategically located to drestroy the running mob before they "exit."

Ok, I got a bit off track with the gold sinkage, but hey, they can be time sinks :happy14:

For all you dance freaks out there...how about disco's and clubs. Charge an admission fee, then in those clubs only you can purchase different dances, so the female necro can dance to something other than thriller.

Small Idea, BM Ranger Goldsink

For another gold sink idea, how about a pet farm NPC

say, maybe farmer dirk in ascalon settlement can do it.
    (Some of you may disagree cuz I mean, how can you trust your pets to someone who loses his prize-winning pigs all the time)

Rangers can keep their pet in the farm for a price, and take it out for a price.
    This way BM rangers can switch among several pets they charmed without having to sell it to Jarrel then getting another then leveling it to 20 again.

Not bad at all.

I'm not a BM ranger at all but I dont think theres a major difference between the different pets. Attack wise or anything really.

Interesting idea but would make more sense if there were advantages of each different pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazaki Tsurigi
    I'm not a BM ranger at all but I dont think theres a major difference between the different pets. Attack wise or anything really.

Interesting idea but would make more sense if there were advantages of each different pet.
    well thats why its a gold sink, same reason why people would pay 15k for different looking armors or same reaosn why we wear different clothes and not the same color style each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleman Azure
    well thats why its a gold sink, same reason why people would pay 15k for different looking armors or same reaosn why we wear different clothes and not the same color style each day.
    I got tnothing against the idea at all. Just saying if they made it to where each pet had a different advatage in battle or even when not in battle it would make it more worth the storage. Tho being able to say you have every pet allowed would be something for those that have money to waste to go after. Either way it makes sense.

World of Warcraft has a potion (I can't remember the name of it, never made it that far) that had random effects on people who drank them. Something similar to that would be kind of neat. Randomly shrink, enlarge, turn into a chicken (ooh! Charr!), etc. Even selling them at some high price, I think they'd probably sell pretty well.

In conjunction with the idea of adding bars, give us the abilty to get drunk. I hate to pull from WoW again, but they pulled it off so well. Slurred speech, distort the levels of mobs, heck, make them look like Moa's for all I care. Would make the price of Dwarven Ale a bit easier to swallow (pun intended).

I really like the D2-style gamling idea. The bar sounds neat, but I don't think it'll live up to the hype. Especially when you're trying to kick back after a day of slaughtering Charr and, instead, get assaulted with WTS: UBER GODLY UN-ID'ED RUNE!!!!!1111!11.

Lemur Six
    More Xunlai agent space, or more xunlai agent accounts, or upgradeable accounts. Each additional account/upgrade costs more (like alot more, i.e. second account costs 1 plat, third account costs 10 plat, fourth account costs 100 plat, etc), and there's a cap, say 4 or 5.

Also, it's kind of wierd to be carrying around 5 axes on a belt pouch. Small "pouches" should only be able to hold small things, like raw materials. Similarily the Xunlai agents can follow this rule with account "rank", so the first account lets you store small things like raw materials, the second account lets you store salvageable things and other small items (belts, hides, runes, weap upgrades, etc), the third account lets you store large things like weapons, etc. Also, characters must upgrade their accounts if they want to access the higher level accounts of another character.

We should have gladiator battles too, where a single player shows his skill against multiple opponents whether they're monsters or other players. People pay a smallish fee to enter to see the battle (~100-500 gold), and they have the option of buying rotten tomatoes to pelt bad gladiators with (maybe 200 gold a piece like the ale or more, and they do have a chance to miss), or have the option to fling gold coins at particularly good gladiators (you can choose how much), which the gladiator gets to pick up. Rank, fame, name etc of the player/s get announced before the event so that people who want to see a particular player go at it know when to watch.

Tomato pelted gladiators will have a tomato stains on them for an hour to a day (depending on how badly they get pelted), and will smell bad (denoted by a greenish gassy aura or some such). And since it isn't a mandatory thing, you don't make money just because you kick ***, people have to like you, or you make zip, or get pelted with tomatoes. Tomatoes also give players negative morale, each tomatoe that hits you gets say -1%, and will also affect your party members, so that no one will want to party with a tomatoed gladiator.

Of course, I can see this degenerating into just a big tomato firing squad, but that'd be fun too! I'd run in there just to get pelted and be able to run around town all mucked up and stinky for a day.

There should also be an option to take a shower, costs 2 plat, to remove the stink off you and restore your morale.

Once in a while they can have particularly hard monster opponent available for gladiators to try their skill against, and get some sort of reward for killing it, like a custom made item for that event, or more gold (kill the lvl 32 monster and win a piece of unique looking 15k armor type deal).

Another good gold sink could be a thief. An in game npc that goes around trying to pick people's pockets and specifically targets those who have a lot of gold. Hahaha, and you can pelt him with tomatoes which will make him drop you gold, but then anyone can come by and pick it up. Lol, I can just imagine someone sitting around trading at one of the merchants and not notice the pick pocket and then suddenly notice their gold in their inventory drops a few plat. Pickpocket will of course have to look like a player, so that he/she is hard to single out. You'll get a small message that says somethign along the lines of "you're pocket is being picked!" and if you move the pick pocket runs away. A tally of how much the pick pocket has picked throughout the day will also be announced every time they successfully pick someone's pocket. You can exact vengeance on the pick pocket by chasing him down and "touching" him before he runs out of town, and you can drag him into the gladiator's arena and try to kill him to get all the gold he's stolen that day (he'll be tough to kill). If you lose to him, he'll pick your pocket again while you're down :D.

-Lemur 6

How about armor and weapons for a specific class combo like armor for a warrior/monk.