PC Gaming News
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Gold Sink Ideas

Lemur Six, I really like that Gladiator idea, along with the tomatos :happy53:. Since I got the game, I was hoping there would be a solo arena where you battle monsters and work your way up.

Maybe another purchase-able property like a Guild Hall.

Sigils and Fissure Armor is not enough of a gold sink for you?

Ender

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur Six
    More Xunlai agent space, or more xunlai agent accounts, or upgradeable accounts. Each additional account/upgrade costs more (like alot more, i.e. second account costs 1 plat, third account costs 10 plat, fourth account costs 100 plat, etc), and there's a cap, say 4 or 5.

We should have gladiator battles too, where a single player shows his skill against multiple opponents whether they're monsters or other players. People pay a smallish fee to enter to see the battle (~100-500 gold), and they have the option of buying rotten tomatoes to pelt bad gladiators with (maybe 200 gold a piece like the ale or more, and they do have a chance to miss), or have the option to fling gold coins at particularly good gladiators (you can choose how much), which the gladiator gets to pick up. Rank, fame, name etc of the player/s get announced before the event so that people who want to see a particular player go at it know when to watch.

Tomato pelted gladiators will have a tomato stains on them for an hour to a day (depending on how badly they get pelted), and will smell bad (denoted by a greenish gassy aura or some such). And since it isn't a mandatory thing, you don't make money just because you kick ***, people have to like you, or you make zip, or get pelted with tomatoes. Tomatoes also give players negative morale, each tomatoe that hits you gets say -1%, and will also affect your party members, so that no one will want to party with a tomatoed gladiator.

Once in a while they can have particularly hard monster opponent available for gladiators to try their skill against, and get some sort of reward for killing it, like a custom made item for that event, or more gold (kill the lvl 32 monster and win a piece of unique looking 15k armor type deal).

Another good gold sink could be a thief. An in game npc that goes around trying to pick people's pockets and specifically targets those who have a lot of gold. Hahaha, and you can pelt him with tomatoes which will make him drop you gold, but then anyone can come by and pick it up. Lol, I can just imagine someone sitting around trading at one of the merchants and not notice the pick pocket and then suddenly notice their gold in their inventory drops a few plat. Pickpocket will of course have to look like a player, so that he/she is hard to single out. You'll get a small message that says somethign along the lines of "you're pocket is being picked!" and if you move the pick pocket runs away. A tally of how much the pick pocket has picked throughout the day will also be announced every time they successfully pick someone's pocket. You can exact vengeance on the pick pocket by chasing him down and "touching" him before he runs out of town, and you can drag him into the gladiator's arena and try to kill him to get all the gold he's stolen that day (he'll be tough to kill). If you lose to him, he'll pick your pocket again while you're down :D.

-Lemur 6
    You've got some pretty good ideas there. The main problem that I see with the thief is that your weapons aren't available to you while you are in town. Other than that, I really like these ideas.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zsherwood
    Lemur Six, I really like that Gladiator idea, along with the tomatos :happy53:. Since I got the game, I was hoping there would be a solo arena where you battle monsters and work your way up.

Maybe another purchase-able property like a Guild Hall.
    how bout a sub island where there is a bigger storage for your stuff???

yes and buy a room for yrself on the guild island ;))

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorDemented
    How about armor and weapons for a specific class combo like armor for a warrior/monk.
    Nice idea, more "originality" for the mass

Tho i wouldnt like to change armor each time i change secondary .... sigh

:happy34: