PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many skills have you unlocked with one character?

I ask because I am level 19, have done all the quests up to Sanctum Cay, and am still missing 42 primary class skills and 41 secondary class skills. I have skill points (though in ignorance I spent a few early on) and am due a few more from missions before the end of the game. I'm sure I'll also get a few more freebies before the end, and a few more from 'levelling' after level 20.

But there's no way I'll scrape enough to get all the skills and switch profession and get more. Am I missing something, or do people just ignore a lot of the skills they can learn when spending scarce skill points?

u can almost get every normal skill from a quest. so save your skill points for capturing skills or buying non-quest skills.

Missing 2 skills ( that are elites ) for my primary and about 20 for my secondary. Soon, I will have them all :D

...after a boring long time to gain skill points...

I used most of my skill points on skills that could not be gained from quests, elites, and ones for my secondary profession when I changed it 3 times lol. I ran out of points when I changed it the 3rd time.

So I unlocked a ton of skills so far lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpike
    I ask because I am level 19, have done all the quests up to Sanctum Cay, and am still missing 42 primary class skills and 41 secondary class skills. I have skill points (though in ignorance I spent a few early on) and am due a few more from missions before the end of the game. I'm sure I'll also get a few more freebies before the end, and a few more from 'levelling' after level 20.

But there's no way I'll scrape enough to get all the skills and switch profession and get more. Am I missing something, or do people just ignore a lot of the skills they can learn when spending scarce skill points?
    There's something i wanna know, i heard somewhere that PvP gives Skill points in different ways than from getting xp, is that true?

I know that early on on my main char i spent sadly around 6-7 skill points on skills i could get from quest cause of cluelessness, but it feels like i'll need around 30-40 more 'levels' to have enough skill to fully unlock my char.

Currently i got around 12 elites but there's soooo many normal skill missing, and unless i missed something big, i explored every outpost except Ring of Fire and cleared all skill quests i saw.

Is there skill quests in UW/Fissure? These i wouldn't have done either...

Missing 4 Warrior elites, 4 monk elites, and maybe 5 or 6 othet skills. I'm waiting on the skill points enough to buy them.

I'm missing more than half of all my skills, but I only need the ones I want =)

Too much.

Yes my message is "too short" BAH to that. BAH i say!

I dont have to many skills, cause i only get skills that seem like there usable :D

I have all the Elementalist skills and most of the monk skills on my primary. I'm too bored with her to look for the rest though. Although, since I now have four characters, and cannot see how many skills are locked in the pvp character creation screen, I could very well be missing one or two elementalist ones as well.

Maybe AN will someday allow us another way to see that list/menu of locked skills.