Ok, so I was gonna throw in some suggestions in the good ole' Suggestion Thread, and I noticed theres no way to see if what I'm suggesting has been said already, so I brewed 10 pots of coffee and read thru all 27 pages/261 posts, and made an overview of what is being asked for.
I'm not sure if this has been done. If it has please direct me as I didnt see anything like it. If it hasnt, well its layed out below as best I could.
I divided all the suggestions into common "areas" to make reading them a bit easier. This is a basic overview of what I saw, keep in mind. It is also current up to post 261, lol. If I missed any obscure suggestions, I apologize beforehand, as after 261 posts my eyeballs started to bleed.
Maybie this can be added to Chantal's first post, to try and help prevent multiple posting of the same thing. Maybie people wont read this anyways before posting, lol. Maybie I just wasted 3 hours of my life. Who knows, lol.
I havent checked to see which of these(if any) have already been implemented, so some may already be in-game. Anyways here it is(Note these are everyone's suggestions with a few of mine included):
-- Trading --
1) Fix Trading - Player Vendors/Auction House(too much spam!! - See #4 below)
2) Ability to drag items directly from storage to trade screen; Ability to remove items from trade screen when modifying
3) Have item stats be linkable - Click on the item link in chat, and the item pops up showing you the stats(example from Everquest - shift left click the items' picture and it creates a clickable link in chat, that others can click on & look at, instead of asking what the stats are)
4) Implement an Auction zone(with multiple districts if needed) - Either have it so people can sit there manually & sell while they are afk/sleeping/at work etc, or have it create a "duplicate" of them, so they can go out & do stuff while selling. When you enter this zone, a Search window would come up allowing you to search for what you want, and show a clickable entry of whats for sale based upon your search criteria, or you could browse a user listing showing what each person has for sale & how much. No haggling would be allowed in this zone, you either buy at their price or you dont. All items in the search window would be clickable, meaning you could click on an items' name, and a window would pop up showing you the stats. Clicking on a persons name in the list would highlight them in the area, showing you where they are. Clicking trade would auto-negotiate a trade, allowing you to buy at your leisure. In this zone, ALL chat channels would be auto-greyed out, meaning no chat spam whatsoever. If this were implemented, then the trade option in normal cities could be taken out, to try & cut down on the trade spam in normal districts. Sure they could spam WTS/WTB in normal areas, but they wouldnt be able to actually trade. You could even charge sellers in the auction zones a fee for setting up shop(money sink). Just an idea.
-- PvE/P, GvG/E, Guild-related stuff --
1) Secondary Ladder System(for the less skilled players I guess?)
2) Include way for PvE Guilds to acquire Guild Hall w/o paying for sigil
3) Add "Sealed Deck" Style PvP(not sure what this means - Sorry I forgot what post # this was)
4) Add a Guild Hall PvE mini-game practice area ; Ability to practice in Guild Halls(ie XvX with guildmates or versus other guilds, w/o it affecting the Ladder)
5) Ability for each character to be in different guilds
6) Make guild capes toggleable
7) PvP/GvG Betting system
8) Give negative bonuses to teams with all or alot of the same class combos - Promote diversity in battles
9) Ability to place/assign items in the guild chest - Ability to add gold to a guild fund, where only guild leader can access the money
10) Guild hall bulletin(for selling/trading - You would be able to see what Joe Blow is looking for, and if you have it, put it in storage, and assign it to him only)
11) Guild Hall Awards Room(shows stats, awards, etc to members of guild - Show what you've accomplished for the guild!)
12) 1v1(or more) PvP in guild halls(also allow other guildmates to watch the battle)
13) Allow PvP Quests - 2 groups in the same instance/quest, they have to battle it out, but beware the roaming monsters that might want to jump in on the fun!
14) Have guild allies - Another way to practice in Guild Halls, also, would allow guilds to mix & match players, if one guild didnt have enough people online to PvP, etc...
15) Allow PvP in open PvE environments - Let us really change the world we live in! Make it so this happens in a seperate PvE "world" so those going thru the game for the first time or whatnot wont have to deal with the open PvP and such(Hey, maybie you could let us burn down houses & stuff too, lol) - If this is a reality(maybie in an expansion), let us place guild banners in the entrance to those areas(like at road signs/portals, etc), letting others know who "controls" that area, and it could be hazardous to your health to venture into that area. If you do go into the town or area, be prepared for a PvP/GvG fight to keep/gain control! == This could be something for the PvE Guilds that exist to have something to do in a PvE environment, once they've beat the game umpteen million times. A PvPish environment in a PvE user-changeable world would be really really groovy!
15a) Allow monsters to randomly ravage towns/cities, while everyone is drunk & nude dancing at the fountain or fire. A yes/no box would pop-up alerting players to the impending doom, & they can choose whether to stay and fight, or high-tail it to the next town. Possibly allow a timer so friendlies can have a chance to come & help out. Once the timer goes down & the battle commences, "guards" would prevent new people from entering the town, letting them know its under attack. If the monsters win, then the town changes in some way, etc afterwards. This would happen in the "second" PvE world, the one where we actually change the world we live in. Lots of possibilites for this stuff.
16) Make a Damage Log you can view after PvP/PvE battles, showing skills used, Dmg, etc..
17) Make Colliseums in large cities, where groups of 8v8 can duke it out & those people that want to watch can. Make the people that are watching have their skills "greyed-out" when they enter the arena to watch, so they cant intervene, and have a specific area where they can sit & watch. Some people are smack-talking you in town? Fine, challenge them to a duel & let everyone watch them back up those big words, or take the beating they needed so much. :)
18) More PvP game styles please! Maybie add random waves of monsters at random intervals attacking the different teams. Would be interesting!
19) PvE or GvE Ladders. Waves of harder & harder monsters, with stats, etc...
20) Raise the # of people allowed into guilds
21) Show class/levels in the Guild List - How many times do we have to ask what another guildmember is & where they are? Same for Friends list, if both people have it toggled on
-- Game Configuration/UI Changes/Camera/Map Stuff --
1) Ability to change camera w/regards to clipping
2) Ability to save skill configurations(ie PvP set, PvE set, solo set)
3) Ability to divide your Friends list into seperate groups; Also show their classes/levels/locations
4) Ability to fix camera to behind your character regardless of direction of travel
5) Option to display when Friends/Guildmembers log on or off(possibly with a sound)
6) Automated Flood Control - What exactly IS Ignore for - Doesnt seem to work?? Is it just for tells?
7) Longer text input for selling, etc..
8) Restore camera view after you've been rezzed(stop doing top-down view)
9) More character slots!!!
10) When clicking a name in chat channels, have it highlight the person in the town, to find them easier
11) Allow Guild/Friends listing to be seen at log-in, so you can choose what character to play
12) Ability to click on a player & send a tell, have it put a "Whisper" button next to his highlighted name, or after you've initiated trade, have a "whisper chat" dialogue come up also, so you can talk/negotiate with him while trading(ONLY have this available in towns!) = ANOTHER idea I think would be to have a seperate whisper tab/window completely, especially when you're selling an item & you get multiple tells, and have to wade thru 5000 lines of nonsense to see the name of the persons that gave you tells. SEPERATE TELL WINDOW/BUFFER PLZ!!!
13) Change or add to the guild tags in peoples' names to show the actual name of the guild
14) More options for character creation! Cosmetically speaking
15) Make a mail system in-game(would have to be toggled on for both people to prevent harrassment)
16) Allow sending of items/gold to people offline(item/gold disappears when you decide to send, appears in their inv/storage when they log on - Have the mailman charge a fee for doing this)
17) Allow "ticking" of spots on the map, so we can put info there to remind us of where collectors etc are, and possibly what they are looking for
18) Better way to find lost people on the map(maybie use the auto-follow already present, but make the range infinite in that instance)
19) Make ranger traps seeable in-game or on mini-map to rangers only. Sometimes hard to remember where you laid a trap
20) Let us see spells/conditions/enchantment on foes/monsters/groupmates.
21) Some kind of noise when you receive a guild or whisper message(or have a seperate window/buffer for guild/whisper chat)
22) Allow a broadcasting of messages to friend list
23) Stop people from drawing "woot!" or drawing body parts on the mini-map. Its annoying. Or at least have it show who is doing the drawing, so we could vote-kick that person(if that was implemented too)
24) Provide a seperate window/chat buffer for Normal talking, Chat channel & Tells - Scrolling thru 500 lines of chat to click on a name to reply is not working!