PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Fissure of Woe/Underworld Virgin

Planning on making my first run at one of these two places and was looking for some advice. First off which one would you recommend me try first and being a monk/necro which skills would you recommend me bring? Also what should my party consist of? Any input would be appreciated.

Fissure of Woe is much easier than Underworld, IMO.

Being a monk, you'll be in high demand, so focus on keeping your party alive. You can't bring henches, and most groups will be seeking you out anyway.

GWOnline.Net Member
    also try getting them to pay your share and threaten to leave. haha, but yes. fissure is definately way easier

In fissure bring your general healing spells, taking quests from NPC's doesn't matter. Killing things is much easier.

For UW bring your healing and a few protection spells like Aegis and Protective Spirit (I think). Do not talk to the NPC's who give the quests until you have cleared the area, and DO NOT TAKE "Unwanted Guests" Quest.

Otherwise, for either of the places, just keep your party alive and don't die yourself. :)

If it's a smart group, you can try Life/Essence Bond type of thing. Other than that, most of the time they'll want you to heal. Can't do anything about that so Well of Blood/Power might be a good set up too. Mark of Subversion can be great on an enemy Monk.

is fissure really easier? in UW all i do is protective spirit the tankers and use aegis if no one has ward against melee. granted i haven't been through a lot of the map, only seen the minotaurs,spiders,phantom things. i would assume that the monsters get a lot harder the further you advance.

It seems like more skill required in finding/building a team with good sensible players in it then there is in actually surviving either zone. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with this myself, so hopefully someone else can pop up with a few helpful tips on what to watchout for.

The one warning sign I can mention is to beware any groups containing rangers who talk constantly about spiders. :D

Quote Originally Posted by davidtann
    also try getting them to pay your share and threaten to leave. haha, but yes. fissure is definately way easier
    I laughed out loud :happy34:

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mraezk
    The one warning sign I can mention is to beware any groups containing rangers who talk constantly about spiders. :D
    And since my Me/R kept talking about the "black widow" instead of "spiders", that meant I know what I'm doing d-:

GWOnline.Net Member
    Cool guys thanks for the tips. I was wondering too if the 15k armor crafter in fissure of woe is any better than the droknar's forge armor or is it purely for ascetic purposes.