PC Gaming News

Lightbulb Oooo!! Oooo! I wanna kill monsters with meh Ranger/Mesmer!

Hiya! Me again! :howdy:

I'm currently using a Ranger/Mesmer build. Its level 17 and I've got my attributes as follows (*cough* Forgive me as I'm kinda new):

Level 12 (With bonus) Marksmanship.
    Level 12 (With bonus) Wildernes Survival
    Level 1 Expertise

I know its screwy...Anyway, here are my skills I use:

Hunter's Shot
    Penetrating Attack
    Distracting Shot
    Power Leak
    -Some Skill Countering Signet-
    Troll Unguent
    Ignite Arrows (The one that explodes)
    Capture Signet/Resurrection Signet

I'm using a rare Horn Bow (I think its a Horn bow).
    14-27 Fire Damage. +28 to HP. +14% Damage when health is above 50%.

So...Any comments? Any idea how to upgrade?
    I need some opinion on what items to use, bow upgrades and armor upgrades too. Thankies! :clap:

Only 1 in expertise? o.o
    Don't you have any energy management issues?

That said, that's a pretty nice bow you have here, worth quite a lot of gold with near-max damage and two great mods. :happy34:

Question: is this a PvP build? I assume not, since you say you're level 17... but it sure looks like one, with lots of interrupts. And on the other hand you have ignite arrows which is definitely PvE... I guess this build could work in PvE if you play with a well organised team.

I'd recommend dropping one interrupt (maybe power leak) to replace it with dual shot. Dual shot + ignite arrow = win. Also, I'm not sure howwell distracting shot works without a speed boost like favourable winds...

Not to many mesmer skillz but ok.

I'd suggest you switch ignite arrows for kindle arrows .
    5 less energy , more or somewhat same dmg , only hit's 1 enemy tho.

Coolies!!...never thought of Dual shot! :happy34:

Ok like time I spew this today (i've been quite vocal about it). Just for kicks when you are bored try using poison and conjure phantasm together (poison arrow works better than apply poison here). You will stick em at -9 degen for a very long time with only two skills. No take two other slots and load up distracting shot and savage shot. After you have em bleedin gout health like mad from your degen interrupt any skills they use to try and get rid of your degen like healing breeze, shatter hex, troll ungruent etc... (let remove conditions slide as it only costs 5 nrg to spam another poison arrow).

You can kill people very, very fast like this.