PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Opinion for R/Mes (i know another one :P)

hi im new here and just wanted to ask experienced players on this hp degen setup:

1 poison arrow (elite) / apply poison - degen
    2 phantom pain - 3 degen / deep wound
    3 conjure phantasm - degen
    4 illusionary weaponry - massive dmg or Migraine - 3 degen (elite)
    5 mantra of persistence - longer hex
    6 whirling defense - dodge or pin down
    7 choking gas or distracting shot
    8 throw dirt - avoid dmg from war
    troll tungent - if dont use #4

the atk order is 1 - 2 - 5 - 3 when deep wound happens - 4? - 7 if need to
    defense order - throw dirt - tungent - whirling

as for attribute allocation the only thing i know for sure is 12 on marksmanship unless i find a lower req shortbow
    Last edited by redemption; 17-06-2005 at 05:07.

I use a similar build and it works very well in PvP. Conjure + poison is a great killer. The biggest problem I see is that you are going to be spreading youar attribs thin. Try to focus on 4 attribs max ( 3 preferable). I use Marks, Wilderness and Illusion. I only have marks at 9 because you can wield a max damage bow at 9. 12 is not necesarry.

Go with distract over choking gas. It has a lower nrg requirement and is very efective at killing heals for a long time (get healing breeze with it). I also have savage shot in my build, for major interrupt power.

Rather than extending my hex i just prefer to cast a second conjure.

Also if you are ehaving trouble with nrg dont be afraid to put a few points (left over from marks) into inspiration to make use of the Me's nrg capabilities.

Also look at Dryders defense, its one of the best defensive skills in the game and uses your already maxed wilderness survival.

Good build tho.

well i agree that putting 12 on marks will hurt and will limit this build, but like i said I've yet to find a good bow with 10 or less marks and even if i did it would cost me my liver :P

reason i picked choaking is that its like an AoE skill right? and lastly what is nrg?

nrg is Energy. As in the Energy cost for activating a skill :).

aahhh cool thanks ^^... oh yeah i managed to get a ascalon short bow 15>50, upgraded it with a poisoner string and max fortitude >, as for whirling vs dryders it looks like i will go for dryders since it is wilderness based. now i will conc on wilderness and illusion and 9 on marks but still debating between inspiration and expertise... only reason i want expertise is to lessen en cost for r skills can someone point out to me good pts about inspiration and skills I should add to my skill list?

Inspiration = Energy tap. At a cost of 5 energy you can steal 10 enrgy from your target. I just have a few leftover points in this. Enought to get the Energy hit to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by smedge
    Inspiration = Energy tap. At a cost of 5 energy you can steal 10 enrgy from your target. I just have a few leftover points in this. Enought to get the Energy hit to 10.
    The problem with Energy Tap is the long casting time, making it slightly less useful for Energy reclamation. I suppose if you have enough in Fast Casting, it could be worthwhile. I'd just tighten up my skill selection and Energy costs instead, improving the build rather than applying the Energy Tap band-aid.

Oh, and your original build would not work, seeing as Poison Arrow, IW, and Migraine are all Elites. Personally, I'd put points into Expertise to lower Energy costs instead of going with the Inspiration line, unless you are going to make heavy use of Mantras.

Actually I've found several rare max damage bows with only 8 requirement.

Never had trouble getting off my 3 second Energy tap, and due to the 3 second casting gime I go from 5 Energy to almost 20. Enough to get a phantasm/poison arrow off and follow up with a distracting shot to kill their heal/hex removal.

I tried many other skills in that slow and found Energy tap to be the best way to manage my energy without having to dilute my points making expertise effective.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Avon Helvek
    Actually I've found several rare max damage bows with only 8 requirement.
    Keep in mind that without a 12 or better in marksmanship, you WON'T be getting the maximum damage out of the bow, even if you meet the requirement to use the weapon. So a 15-28 bow with req 8 will not be doing the max of 28 dmg if you only have 8 marksmanship. More like about 19-20 tops.