PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

What is the Best Healing Character?

Ok right now i have a mo/me but i want to know what you think the best healing character would be a monk/???, a Me/Mo or an Ele/Mo. Ok i know Divine Favor is useful while healing but what is the best overall healer Me/Mo because of Fast Casting or Ele/Mo because of Energy Storage. I have been thinking of creating another healer but i dont know what classes to make him please give me any thoughts you may have

for protection i think ele/monk. For divine favor obvously monk/other. Ele/monk is more diverse. You can nuke or heal so you may be better in that aspect and change your build on the spot to fit a group. I have not seen a good ele/monk healer though, but I'm usually on the job. I guess they are nuking/back up healing while I handle the group.
    Last edited by Way of the Dragon; 18-06-2005 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Way of the Dragon
    for protection i think ele/monk. For divine favor obvously monk/other.
    i want to know healing wise because energy storage means you can cast more spells before you run out of energy and the Earth, Healing and Energy Storage Attribute combinations means i can heal im not the first target and capable of using earth magic to protect myself giving me by more armor. i would think they could handle the healing better then a monk primary because of more energy
    Last edited by Morkins the Monk; 18-06-2005 at 19:03.

I have a LvL 20 Mo/N, and two things happen:

1) We get overwhelmed, that I run out of energy and I end up just clicking on Orison Healing everytime my Energy gets to 5 in order to cast it on the person that needs it the most.

In this situation, I wish that I was a E/Mo so I can have that extra energy. But if the group works well together and they aren't damaged much or try to heal themselves, then all that energy isn't needed.

I quest with 7 other henchmen sometimes including the protector, and most of the time I really don't use my heal spells other than heal party once in awhile, and I focus on my Necro spells.

Remember, Elementalist get that big Energy Storage because they seem to have lots of spells that require lots of Energy (25 Energy for one spell).

2) When a character goes down (I'm sorry, but it does happen sometimes), I wish I had the Mesmer's ability of fast casting to rez my team mates quicker. Or sometimes I lose someone because I couldn't get that heal spell off fast enough.

Overall, I personally wish to have the energy storage, because if I can put enough protection and heal spells on my troops, then I won't be trying to rez them or have their life on a border line.

Just my opinion.

Any suggestions on the other for mo/???

I honestly don't have a problem with energy(my healing build is divinity). I use healing word alot to conserve mana. Usually when somone dies it's cause they dropped too fast or the entire group couldn't possible handle the pull. I guess the only difference would be in the runes. I only use a +1 healing prayer rune so it aint much. I don't even equip orison healing. I'm not sure if secondary monks get the res party spell.
    Last edited by Way of the Dragon; 18-06-2005 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by BjoernLars
    I have a LvL 20 Mo/N, and two things happen:

1) We get overwhelmed, that I run out of energy and I end up just clicking on Orison Healing everytime my Energy gets to 5 in order to cast it on the person that needs it the most.

In this situation, I wish that I was a E/Mo so I can have that extra energy. But if the group works well together and they aren't damaged much or try to heal themselves, then all that energy isn't needed.
    When the party is overwhelmed, it doesn't matter what kind of healer you are. Your party has made a tactical error, and some teammates are going to die for it.

A E/Mo will not fare better than a Mo/X in this situation, because both have comparable healing output - put simplistically, the E/Mo has many small heals, the Mo/X has few big heals. Further, any class combination of healer isn't going to be able to keep everyone alive all the time. It's as much the healers responsibility to keep teammates alive, as it is the party's responsibility to not drain the healers energy unnecessarily by playing stupidly or poorly.

So, what is a healer for? To perform "divine intervention". To save butts when 20 scarabs pop up from the ground. To focus healing on the party's blaster ele, when he gets blocked in against a wall, and needs 6 seconds to survive this fatal mistake. To let 2 teammates die, so the most important ones can live and ultimately achieve victory.

Ultimately, a Mo/X is a "best" healing character for a good team, because a good team doesn't rely on healers as a life-support system. Each player on the team needs some kind of self-sufficiency through stances, wards, hex-removal, interrupts, etc. An E/Mo healer with its numerous weaker heals, is really only good for keeping hp-bars topped off during easy encounters.

However, if we were to talk about protectors, instead of pure healers... totally different story.

Crunch time. Got to remember crunch times.

If you have a E/Mo blasting away energy cause their orison only heals like 60, heal other will be seriously screwing their energy.

Being primary monk gives you divine favor, and a such skill like divine boon

60+40=110 heal for 5 energy
    ~150+40=~190 heal for 10 energy

Now, i would much rather have a 110 heal instead of waiting and letting team members die untill my heal other is up. Other classes dont even have divine, so if you want a healer / protector, monk is the way to go.

Secondary? Psh, i dont know :happy34:

ok, well i made a decent emo recently, and i've found it to be a great monk.
    its not finished, i still need to do the two attribute points quests, so its only at 170/200 there.
    Bascially, its the average ele/monk healer build with a slight twist. Attributes are something like 13 energy storage (theres a rune there) i think 12 or 11 healing, and 9 smiting.
    She uses aura of restoration (would be a waste with all that energy storage) and zealots fire as her two enchantment spells - they are both 10 point spells that last 60 seconds, so no regen drain.
    She has about 83 energy, tho like i said, shes not finished
    All the rest of her skills are all on healing - off the top of my head she uses word or healing, orison of healing, heal other, healing breeze and probably something else. Best thing about this build is, not only the copious amounts of energy an emo gets and all those inherent advantages, but the smiting and zealots fire. Zealots Fire does aoe fire damage to foes near your target when you cast a spell/skill on it. So shes sitting there doing alot of healing, with a ton of energy, simultaneously healing herself (aura of restoration) and doing about 30 damage to enemies. Obviously theres probably some flaw with it, but its the best healing build i've seen for a long time, covers nearly all the points it needs to.

I can basically sum it up like this. If you're running Protection skills, then you want an Ele/Mo or a N/Mo, because the DF bonus just won't kick in that often. Plus having more energy for skills like Guardian and Reversal of Fortune is critical because your goal is to prevent damage, and the Monks with Healing Prayers are there to restore any damage that leaks through. If you're running Healing Prayers, then you want a Mo/? because the DF bonus will matter so much more. Sure you have more energy like as an E/Mo, but you're using more of it just to keep up with the Mo/?