PC Gaming News
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83
  1. #61
    GWOnline.Net Member Cantos's Avatar
    Posts

    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid
    Ah I had it typed up, but I think i'll just leave it to you guys to figure it out like I did. It IS possible & very simple once you look back at it(although counter intuitive).

  2. #62
    GWOnline.Net Member Nereid's Avatar
    Posts

    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Darkbane
    Right..... Frankly, the only reason you don't name skills is simply because you don't have a build that can do even close to all of what you've originally said, end of story. We don't need to figure anything out here because everyone has tried the E/Mo healer thing since the days of the BWEs. If you think that the top guilds haven't discovered/tried an E/Mo as healer you really need to take a step into reality. Honestly, do you think through all the BWE's and alpha testing and since the games release not one person other than you has thought of a good E/Mo healer build? It just doesn't work like you seem to think it does.

    Don't even bother mentioning cookie cutter builds as not one person has suggested a cookie cutter build. There is a difference between cookie cutter builds and just pure useless builds like the one you're eluding too. The build you have eluded too has way too many flaws and can't heal nearly as effectively as a primary boon monk to be considered viable.

    I also don't see how you think it's so hard to get into real PVP in this game. Perhaps you need a more PVP oriented guild; there are tons of them. I know lots of people that have all skills including elites for almost every class, myself included, and we can run whatever build we want whenever we want. How exactly is this not real PVP in your definition? Your comments on this are just laughable at best. Most of the people I group with have tons of skills and more faction then they know what to do with.

    The fact that you don't understand how Spellbreaker is easily removed/countered (in more than one way) leads me to believe you must be new to the game or simply don't have a lot of experience in GvG/tombs/HoH. If you honestly think that nature’s renewal is the only thing that can counter Spellbreaker you’re truly clueless about skills from other classes and haven't read many posts here. Furthermore, you mention Chillblains which no one else even mentioned. Spellbreaker will be countered by any good group and frankly with the build you've suggested they wouldn't even have to bother shutting you down since you won't be able to heal enough to keep your team alive anyways.... I mean primary healer as an E/Mo that takes Spellbreaker as his elite instead of some of the better elite skills is a joke. Anyways, keep running E/Mo as a primary healer, more free faction and fame for the rest of us.

    In closing, either show us some skills and give a reasonable explanation that is more than you’re previous posts, which were basically the equivalent of “My E/Mo can do everything a monk can do and much more. LOL” or just get used to having your posts disregarded as nonsense.
    keep truckin', kiddo. Who knows - maybe you won't have to quit the insults and actually think for yourself after all. This healing build is just a short step from the current smiter build & someone else other than me might soon start popularizing it

    But it's not a random team build seeing as you generally need both QZ & spellbreaker in your team. I didn't say anywhere that the build itself has to have spellbreaker, genius. SB is in divine favor.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid
    keep truckin', kiddo. Who knows - maybe you won't have to quit the insults and actually think for yourself after all. This healing build is just a short step from the current smiter build & someone else other than me might soon start popularizing it
    I'm not insulting you personally in any way so you can keep the personal attacks to yourself. I'm saying the build you have alluded to, since you haven't named skills/attribute points/or virtually anything, can't do all of what you have suggested and I am not the only one who has said this. The healing build being a short step from the current smiting build is irrelevant because they are used for entirely different purposes and your build is not getting any benefit from being an E/Mo other than your energy storage and for that you pay a cost of using higher energy skills and having less efficient healing. I understand quite well how the E/Mo smiter build works and the advantages don't apply to an E/Mo healing build. For an example of an E/Mo smiting build I've used and helped perfect with many others see a video I made that was posted here and on some other forums last month here (Divx format) .

    Do you always accuse someone who disagrees with you of not thinking for themselves? Then the sentence right after you accuse me of not thinking for myself you talk about how the build you’ve alluded too is a short step away from the current FoTM smiting build. Get real. You have barely even suggested a build you just simply started out by saying how much better an E/Mo is at primary healing. I will again post your original post in the bottom of this response in hopes you actually explain how you will do what you say you can. Others have asked it as well, if it's so simple why don't you simply answer the question people have posed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerid
    But it's not a random team build seeing as you generally need both QZ & spellbreaker in your team. I didn't say anywhere that the build itself has to have spellbreaker, genius. SB is in divine favor.
    Did I say Spellbreaker was not divine favor? No and neither did anyone else. You don't seem to understand that because it is Divine Favor is what makes it suck so hard for an E/Mo! An E/Mo which doesn't get Divine Favor attribute points and can't wear monk runes has a Spellbreaker that costs 15 energy, lasts 5 seconds and has a 45 second recharge time. 5 second Spellbreaker is a joke in Tombs/HoH/GvG. Then you wonder why I'm mentioning Spellbreaker..... Could it be because it's the only skill you've mentioned so far and it is possibly the worst choice of an elite skill for an E/Mo that is trying to play as a primary healer.

    If you're going to come on the forums and make claims, such as the following which was your original post, be prepared to back them up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerid
    Can a monk primary

    -Output 350+ healing per second for 0e? Every 10 seconds out of 15?
    -Permanently be outputting ~50 dmg per second?
    -Never run out of energy & never need healing?

    I didn't think so either. E/mo enchanter 4tw.

    Of course the build has its weaknesses. Thing is they can easily be gotten around by packing Spellbreaker, QZ & Signet of Judgement. Other than that there's the nature renewal spammer... work on your backup battery-monk while the rest of your team takes that ******* out
    Last edited by Sigrun Darkbane; 19-07-2005 at 10:02.

  4. #64
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid
    Can a monk primary

    -Output 350+ healing per second for 0e? Every 10 seconds out of 15?
    -Permanently be outputting ~50 dmg per second?
    -Never run out of energy & never need healing?

    I didn't think so either. E/mo enchanter 4tw.

    Of course the build has its weaknesses. Thing is they can easily be gotten around by packing Spellbreaker, QZ & Signet of Judgement. Other than that there's the nature renewal spammer... work on your backup battery-monk while the rest of your team takes that ******* out
    ROFL. You will never be doing all this with an E/Mo. For primary healing you need boon and high attribute points in divine which you can't get with an E/Mo. Several of the divine skills will add a certain amount of heal to every monk skill you use and to be efficient you need attribute points in divine. An E/Mo isn't even close to be able to sustain what you've just said. Post the build because several people have asked to see it and you've just ignored them which makes it seem like you don't really know what you're talking about. From reading all the posts in this thread and looking at the numbers it also just sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

  5. #65
    GWOnline.Net Member TW III's Avatar
    Posts

    399
    Actually an E/MO can do exactly that. It's just that he can only heal himself and becomes totally useless once signet of humility is casted on him/ his ether renewal is disabled, interrupted or removed. It's nothing special.

  6. #66
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by TW III
    Actually an E/MO can do exactly that. It's just that he can only heal himself and becomes totally useless once signet of humility is casted on him/ his ether renewal is disabled, interrupted or removed. It's nothing special.
    Yes, he might be able to keep himself alive, but Nereid is suggesting using this as a primary healer for a team which it will obviously not work well for. Not to mention the many obvious counters to this build, including the ones you've mentioned.

  7. #67
    GWOnline.Net Member Nereid's Avatar
    Posts

    60
    blah blah every build has counters. If mesmers rape monks so bad, why do people still pack monks at all?

    Learn the limits of your theorycraft, ppl.

    I checked through everything I said & there wasn't a single erroneous fact. Don't believe it? *shrug* I have nothing to prove to you. Perhaps if you guys weren't so antagonistic I'd have already posted it. As it is this is probably the last semi-helpful post i'm making in this thread.


    To recap
    E/mo
    200-300 heals instant cast (big hint there) every 10 out of 15(30) seconds. 350+ with 2 select support spells from teammates.
    No real need to be healed per se & definately no need to look at energy bar.
    Great dmg/sec (although I think we've figured out the spells here)


    Someone actually use their head instead of blindly copying builds. This isn't that hard.

  8. #68
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid
    blah blah every build has counters. If mesmers rape monks so bad, why do people still pack monks at all?

    Learn the limits of your theorycraft, ppl.

    I checked through everything I said & there wasn't a single erroneous fact. Don't believe it? *shrug* I have nothing to prove to you. Perhaps if you guys weren't so antagonistic I'd have already posted it. As it is this is probably the last semi-helpful post i'm making in this thread.


    To recap
    E/mo
    200-300 heals instant cast (big hint there) every 10 out of 15(30) seconds. 350+ with 2 select support spells from teammates.
    No real need to be healed per se & definately no need to look at energy bar.
    Great dmg/sec (although I think we've figured out the spells here)


    Someone actually use their head instead of blindly copying builds. This isn't that hard.
    ROFL. So once again your rebuttal comes down to saying that all the people that don't like your build aren't using their head and are just blindly copying builds...... I think you just need to face it that your build here sucks and that it does nothing extremely well and several things simply reasonably. You really don't seem to have a clue. In terms of posting something useful, you haven't posted anything useful in this entire thread so perhaps you should stop flaming others and show us a build, or anything at all for that matter, because most people can easily see what you've suggested sucks and doesn't work well for a primary healer in Tombs. It’s ok though you keep accusing everyone of not thinking simply because your suggested build is weak and has been thought up and tried by most guilds months ago. Some of the people, other than you, in this thread have actually posted thought out responses and have help to create good working builds but you just seem to flame them if they think yours sucks. By your logic no one, other than you, thinks for themselves because I can't seem to find anyone that thinks your build is good.......

    Notice how you changed what you're saying what you can do now as well. Take a look at your original post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid
    Can a monk primary

    -Output 350+ healing per second for 0e? Every 10 seconds out of 15?
    -Permanently be outputting ~50 dmg per second?
    -Never run out of energy & never need healing?

    I didn't think so either. E/mo enchanter 4tw.

    Of course the build has its weaknesses. Thing is they can easily be gotten around by packing Spellbreaker, QZ & Signet of Judgement. Other than that there's the nature renewal spammer... work on your backup battery-monk while the rest of your team takes that ******* out
    P.S. It always seems like the only people that constantly bring up the primary healing E/Mo topic are people that haven’t played any of the other classes. I have never ever run into a group in HoH that uses an E/Mo as primary healer and we won't be seeing one soon. Club G in testing used to run one monk and have support characters for secondary healers however people figured this out very quickly and since then they have gave up on the idea and started running with more monks.

  9. #69
    GWOnline.Net Member Boofhead's Avatar
    Posts

    83
    200-300 heals instant cast must be infuse health
    support spells must be vital blessing and something like fertile season/symbiosis (?) and maybe protective spirit/bond (if that works for health lost to infuse health)

  10. #70
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead
    200-300 heals instant cast must be infuse health
    support spells must be vital blessing and something like fertile season/symbiosis (?) and maybe protective spirit/bond (if that works for health lost to infuse health)
    Here's the infuse health description:

    -Lose half your current health. Target other ally is healed for 100-129% of the amount you lost.

    That's possibly one of the worst skills that a primary healer could bring into Tombs. The problem with the build he's suggested is that it doesn't do anything really well. He does mediocre amounts of damage at best and has a less than desirable healing ability for his party. Sure, he might be able to spam heals on himself but what good is a primary healer that can only heal himself.... He gets NO ADVANTAGE FROM BEING AN E/MO other than getting a larger energy pool and for that he has to use higher energy cost spells, can't heal his team very well, can't wear monk armor/runes and most importantly can't use any of the divine skills at an acceptable level. He might as well be a monk primary especially since he hasn't mentioned one Ele skill yet....

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off